Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Traveling with 9month old kid in Hong Kong

akikaikai is offline Registered User

Smile Traveling with 9month old kid in Hong Kong

Hi! My family and I will be travelling to hong kong in march and I'd like to ask what would the best way be to go around with my kid? It's just a 3d 2n trip from manila to HK but i'd like to be as prepared as a mom can be. :) (although i'm sure there will be a couple or more surprises...)

Are there hotels which offer stroller rentals?
    Are the streets stroller-friendly? or would it be better if I just bring a carrier? (but the thought of having to carry my kid the whole time already makes my bones ache... hehehe) You see she's just three months old right now and i have no idea how big or heavy she'll be by march. Gosh...

It's pretty exciting for me since this is going to be the first-time i'll be traveling by plane with my kid. Shucks, i sure hope she cooperates and doesn't get fussy. :)

I'm looking forward to your replies. Thank you in advance! :D

Rosanna is offline Registered User
    Hi there

Well i'm not sure if you can rent strollers, but, the streets are definitely stroller-friendly. Just get some sunscreen for her as it will get hot in March and if possible a stroller rain protector/cover. You do get suncreens here but since you are going to be here for a short time it doesn't make sense for you to spend that extra time looking for one here.

As far as the stroller on rent you can check with the hotels.

I have been travelling with my baby and thankfully he has never given problems rather enjoyed the flights, but I guess all babies are not the same so goodluck to you.

Hope you enjoy Hong Kong

Goodluck
    Rosanna & Aditya

snagito is offline Registered User
    It's usually free to check in a stroller when flying with a baby so if you already have one, I would just bring it! I think the carrier is a must as well -it doesn't weigh much so might as well pack it- when I visited with my then 13 month old I had to carry him everywhere!! I hope you have a lovely time here in HK!

akikaikai is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

Well i'm not sure if you can rent strollers, but, the streets are definitely stroller-friendly. Just get some sunscreen for her as it will get hot in March and if possible a stroller rain protector/cover. You do get suncreens here but since you are going to be here for a short time it doesn't make sense for you to spend that extra time looking for one here.
    That's great! :) I think we'll be staying in tsimshatsui (not sure if it's the bp international hotel).. Will be taking snagito's tips too and bring a carrier as well. Thanks for the tips, i'll relay these to my sister as she'll be bringing her two kids also.

I have been travelling with my baby and thankfully he has never given problems rather enjoyed the flights, but I guess all babies are not the same so goodluck to you.
    lucky you! I've heard of some horror stories from other moms, which is why i wanted to really be prepared and ask for tips to prevent these from happening -- and ensure we all enjoy the trip.

Hope you enjoy Hong Kong
    I'm sure I will. I hope my kid does, too. Thanks again, rosanna and snagito!

kai