Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

PCOS - Confusion

jojokay is offline Registered User

dr choy delivered my baby 9 months ago and i saw her for fertility issues prior to this. the treatment she gave me was spot-on (including lap. surgery for endometriosis) so i was very happy with her. i suppose she can be abrupt initially but as we got to know one another this diminished and she was very warm and really invested in my treatment. during my delivery she slept in the room next door rather than swanning in at the last minute as many dr's do.

as for the costs of tests i simply told her outright that i want to know the cost of anything before we do it - just ask! she will tell you. i also opted to buy things like folic acid etc from the chemist - she doesnt MAKE you buy it.

she told me i could have whatever paed i wanted at the birth (and was open to me not having an epidural or whatever else i did or did not want). i went with dr paul leung, her suggestion, and we continue to use him and like him.

i really like her and she continues to be my gyn and should we have another baby i will have her deliver.

jaceesperanza is offline Registered User

I also have PCOS when I was trying to conceive with my daughter I was asked to take Metformin, Clomid and was given Gonal injectibles and Puregon for ovulation. During my ordeal I had a miscarriage, 2 blighted ovum. But in the end I finally conceived with my daughter (who's now 26 mos old). I was seriously considering ovarian drilling already, but luckily I got pregnant when I least expected it to happen. Now I'm pregnant with my second child 35 weeks and 5 days already (BOY) after 6 cycles of fert treatments. So don't despair it's not a hopeless case.. :) I'm sure you'd get your BFP when the right time comes. GOOD LUCK!

pinkcactus is offline Registered User

Hi all, further to my comments on Dr Choy in Dec 08, I have recently seeked a secound opinion from Dr Grace Cheung as recommended by another friend. I immediately took a liking to Dr Cheung - she is much friendlier and I can feel that she truly cares for the patient. Although her consultation (950) is more expensive than Dr Choy, the total bill each visit is lower as she did not charge for ultrasound. Dr Choy charges 800 for consulation and 800 for ultrasound, so the min.fee each visit is 1600.
    A little background on my case: Dr Choy put me on 5 cycles on Clomid and Dr Cheung thinks that I do not require Clomid as obviously I am ovulating on my own (i've been using OPK and also charting my BBT and both show that I'm ovulating every cycle since I started tracking abt 6 mths ago). Dr Choy also said that I have a thin lining and that might be the reason preventing me from getting pregnant. However, when I went to see Dr Cheung on CD9, the U/S scan showed that I have a normal lining and also follicle size. She is of the opinion that I do not have to take Clomid at all. Oh man! I was suffering from bad migraines last 5 mths due to the Clomid and this was unnecessary.

Dr Cheung said that since everything seemed fine with me, she suspected that my endometriosis could be the cause of my unexplained infertility and I should go for 2 IUI cycles to maximise my chances. If it doesn't work, the next step will be IVF. After trying for the last 9 mths, this is the first time I feel that I'm in control. The disappointment of seeing AF is getting greater every mth and I was at a loss fo what to do. Now at least I have a direction, and if IUI doesn't work, we can proceed to the next step.

Am going for IUI on coming Monday, am quite excited abt it. Wish me luck!

pinkcactus is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by <pink_cactus> View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I am also a patient of Dr Choy since Jan this year, just like to share my experience with the rest. Agree with RookieMom that she charges a lot and didn't explain the costs of the treatment to you before it is administered, so you could be slapped with a huge bill after a 5mins consultation. However, I am comfortable with her as she seems to know her stuff. She suspected I had endometriosis thru the 1st ultrasound. Subsequently performed a laparascopy on me in Mar and successfully removed the chocolate cyst that I had. I TTC naturally for 6 mths before visiting her again recently. She seemed to be friendlier now, I wonder if it's because she has less patients due to bad remarks? I had learnt to do my own research and went prepared with a list of questions and she addressed all of them, giving me a sense of comfort that everything is fine with me. Am pretty happy with her now. I'm now on the 2nd month of Clomid and HCG injection, no luck on the 1st attempt last mth tho follicle (20mm) and lining (13mm) were of good size prior to ovulation. Keeping my fingers crossed this month, will update you on my experience with her as I go along.
    Hi all, further to my comments on Dr Choy in Dec 08, I have recently seeked a secound opinion from Dr Grace Cheung as recommended by another friend. I immediately took a liking to Dr Cheung - she is much friendlier and I can feel that she truly cares for the patient. Although her consultation (950) is more expensive than Dr Choy, the total bill each visit is lower as she did not charge for ultrasound. Dr Choy charges 800 for consulation and 800 for ultrasound, so the min.fee each visit is 1600.
    A little background on my case: Dr Choy put me on 5 cycles on Clomid and Dr Cheung thinks that I do not require Clomid as obviously I am ovulating on my own (i've been using OPK and also charting my BBT and both show that I'm ovulating every cycle since I started tracking abt 6 mths ago). Dr Choy also said that I have a thin lining and that might be the reason preventing me from getting pregnant. However, when I went to see Dr Cheung on CD9, the U/S scan showed that I have a normal lining and also follicle size. She is of the opinion that I do not have to take Clomid at all. Oh man! I was suffering from bad migraines last 5 mths due to the Clomid and this was unnecessary.

Dr Cheung said that since everything seemed fine with me, she suspected that my endometriosis could be the cause of my unexplained infertility and I should go for 2 IUI cycles to maximise my chances. If it doesn't work, the next step will be IVF. After trying for the last 9 mths, this is the first time I feel that I'm in control. The disappointment of seeing AF is getting greater every mth and I was at a loss fo what to do. Now at least I have a direction, and if IUI doesn't work, we can proceed to the next step.

Am going for IUI on coming Monday, am quite excited abt it. Wish me luck!

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User

Just a little update...

Chicago Girl moved back to Chicago some time ago and recently gave birth to a lovely little boy. I'm sure she doesn't check this site anymore but thought this might help some people with PCOS to feel encouraged!

Congats Nic!

rani is offline Administrator

Thanks for the update G. Kitty. That's fantastic news. Pls say Hi from me and congratulate them both!

adama is offline Registered User

terrible experience with christine choy

We had a terrible experience with Christine Choy. She is absolutely a doctor for the money. And she does not take or feel any responsibility for her mistakes or any pitty for her patients. Her greediness for money has almost cost mine and my baby's life! She has absolutely acted against all etiquette that a doctor should respect. I very seriously recommend to avoid her!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234