Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any other twins due 1Q08?

lenahk is offline Registered User

Any other twins due 1Q08?

Hi there - I am 11 weeks pregnant with twins, and already have a son who will be almost 2 when they arrive. My due date is April 30th, but I might obviously deliver a bit earlier....

Is anyone else expecting multiples around this time?

I have been following the threads about the busy hospitals with a lot of interest. I am booked into Matilda (provided I go into labour after 34/35 weeks), but I wonder how this will work... I am booked for April, but may deliver in May?

And does anyone have experience with natural birth (of twins) after a C-section?

Many thanks! :-)

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Hi LenaHK

Congratulations! I'm not due the same time as you, but can understand your situation - I have 4-month old twins, and an older son who was almost 2 when they were born too!

I can't offer any advice about the hospitals, all I would say is that when the time comes, I'm sure it will be all OK. At least you have a booking...if you go overdue m sure it will be fine, and if they come early it will depend how early, but if after the 34/35 weeks am sure it will be fine too. I had to get my twins out early, because I was developing pre-eclampsia.....and I HAD NO BOOKING...but it was fine and I delivered them at the HK Adventist at 35.5 weeks.

Are you aware of the Mothers-of-Multiples group here in HK?
    http://www.moms-hongkong.com/

Good luck with the pregnancy
    Kat

Wink

Thanks KatBoo - and congratulations on the safe arrival of your twins!

I guess I have other things to worry about than where the babies will be born - it's still early days! When the time of delivery comes nearer, I might seek your advice again on how to prepare my son for the fact that he will no longer be the only center of our universe

My doc wants us to consider amnio but I am not sure I want to do that - it seems the risk of miscarriage is a lot higher when you are carrying twins. Has any other twin mother done this?

Thanks, Lx

Paddles is offline Registered User

Hi

I'm pregnant with twins due in June, so you're a bit ahead of me and I'm hoping you can give me loads of advice!!

Very excited, but struggling with morning sickness at the moment, but hoping that will wear off in the next few weeks, and I can start to get some energy back.

Are you planning for a C-section or natural birth?

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Congratulations Paddles. I just wanted to let both of you know that there are a few of us twins-mums who meet on a wednesday afternoon for coffee. Our oldest set is 8 months and youngest is 2 weeks....so there's a span of ages. We meet in Pok fu Lam becuase it's where most of us live. If you'd like to pop along (before or after the birth) just send me a PM & I'll let you know the details.

With so many babies there, it's always useful to have extra hands for cuddles....plus am sure that we've all got loads of stuff that is no longer needed if you wanted to pick up some second-hand items (I know I do)!!!

All the best
    Kat

Hi - thanks Katboo, will certainly drop by once the babes are here - or before, if I still have the energy once I go on maternity leave... :)

Congrats on your twin pregnancy Paddles, hope you are feeling better? Sorry I am one of those awfully lucky people who do not seem to suffer from morning sickness - instead have gained nearly 6kgs in 17 weeks... everything for our our little boys!

We found out yesterday that we are having 2 more boys yesterday... Can't believe I will have 3 sons under the age of 2 in April next year haha.

I had an emergency c-section under general anaesthesia last time, due to fetal distress after 25 hours of labour - not very clear why things did not progress, but we will probably end up with another c-section. Cannot imagine another hectic birth experience, would like to be able to experience it this time!

Have you made up your mind about this yet?

Paddles is offline Registered User

KatBoo - would love to come along to that, will drop you a PM after Christmas. Second hand items sound good too, as these are my first the shopping list will be extensive!!

Lenahk - haven't made any decisions yet, but really want to avoid the emergency c-section situation, also not sure how common it is in HK for twins to be born naturally. Seems that c-section is proposed as the best way forward, I know my Dr seems to be leaning that way, although he has said that once he knows their positions he will be able to make a better decision.. but honestly I think he's a Csection man!