Ugh... settling in and a little lonely
- 10-10-2007, 08:22 PM #9
Welcome to Pok Fu Lam! Will drop you a msg once the next neighborhood coffee is confirmed. Forgot to add, if you have a notice board in your building, would recommend you post an ad for a helper/teenager to help you unpack your boxes. I was 7 months pregnant when we moved, and didn't have the energy to unpack either. Ended up hiring several helpers, and within a couple of days we were done.
- 10-16-2007, 12:11 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Hong Kong
Hi again Rebekah,
I've sent you a PM.
- 10-16-2007, 01:25 PM #11Banned
- Join Date
- May 2007
- hong kong
Don't let things get you too down - remember pregnancy hormones are slightly refocussing your judgement. I found that months 2 and especially 3 were my worst, I met people but it never went beyond polite acquaintance - it takes time for friendships to form, although I find people here are more open and friendly. Soon you'll be in second trimester where you hopefully will have more energy. Plus geobaby is a fab site just to 'chat'; I find a short peruse of 5 mins if I haven't got energy to go and meet people keeps me 'in touch' with life beyond the apartment. There are always loads of meet ups on the site too. YWCA is a great option.
You probably won't believe me now but in a few months you'll be really settled and busy. Good luck, everyone has moved here and been through it too!
- By @dorable in forum Everything ElseReplies: 11Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:19 PM
- By hannah.e.law in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
- By Wineglass in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
- By bigmomma in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 11Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:59 AM
- By arkcocoon in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-05-2006, 12:31 PM