Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ugh... settling in and a little lonely

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

Welcome to Pok Fu Lam! Will drop you a msg once the next neighborhood coffee is confirmed. Forgot to add, if you have a notice board in your building, would recommend you post an ad for a helper/teenager to help you unpack your boxes. I was 7 months pregnant when we moved, and didn't have the energy to unpack either. Ended up hiring several helpers, and within a couple of days we were done.

DUCKY is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi again Rebekah,

I've sent you a PM.

Ali71 is offline Banned
    hong kong
    Don't let things get you too down - remember pregnancy hormones are slightly refocussing your judgement. I found that months 2 and especially 3 were my worst, I met people but it never went beyond polite acquaintance - it takes time for friendships to form, although I find people here are more open and friendly. Soon you'll be in second trimester where you hopefully will have more energy. Plus geobaby is a fab site just to 'chat'; I find a short peruse of 5 mins if I haven't got energy to go and meet people keeps me 'in touch' with life beyond the apartment. There are always loads of meet ups on the site too. YWCA is a great option.
    You probably won't believe me now but in a few months you'll be really settled and busy. Good luck, everyone has moved here and been through it too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12