Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to send helper for physical in HK?

peainpod is offline Registered User

Where to send helper for physical in HK?

Our new helper is arriving in Hong Kong soon, having completed the final processing in Manila. I know they are required to undergo a physical examination there before coming over, but we would like to arrange for a local doctor to examine her before she starts with us. (I'm not due until March so we have a lot of time before baby arrives.)

Should we take her to a doctor or send her to the public hospital? If we go to a hospital, do we need to book ahead of time? I think my helper already has an HKID card (she's worked in HK before) but do we need any other documents? Thanks!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    I don't think the public hospitals offer this service. Just go to any doctor and ask. I just took a complete physical at a practice in Central for my new employer.
    And be aware that some tests/results are not allowed or unethical; for example pregnancy & HIV.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    Peainpod,

U can try this one I sent my maid for body check before i hire her
    tel:28903808 WORLD EXPERT
    It cost less than 600 HKD
    Pre-employment Check Up (WE5A)
    1. Haemoglobin
    2. Hepatitis B surface antigen – HbsAg
    3 HIV I & II antibodies (AIDS)
    4. VDRL
    5. Stool – Routine
    6. Pregnancy test (latex)
    7. Routine & microscopy
    8. Chest X-ray

Thanks cybabe, that's great! I'll call them right away. (I know I should probably have done this BEFORE I went through the hiring process, but even if it's kinda late, it's just for our peace of mind.)

Peainpod,

Did your maid give you the result from the body check in Philippine ? I think those info are reliable too . Do you have any idea where to get a decent insurance for the maid ? I got one company charge HKD750 for 2 Years may call them to check things out see if its good.

Quote Originally Posted by cybabe View Post
    Peainpod,

Did your maid give you the result from the body check in Philippine ? I think those info are reliable too . Do you have any idea where to get a decent insurance for the maid ? I got one company charge HKD750 for 2 Years may call them to check things out see if its good.
    There's a promotion at Dao Heng Bank right now offering a pretty decent DH insurance package for HK$360 (orig HK$600) a year for new customers - which includes all the basics. (You also have the option to sign up for 2 years at HK$770 which is what we will probably do, since we hear they often jack up the price on renewal.)

Info at: http://www.daohenginsurance.com/en/c...domestichelper

well that's good will get it sort soon , finally my maid got all the document today but she try to call that POEA phone always no one answer as she is waiting to get through to ask for the nearst branch to get the body chk .

My helper said that POEA told her she didn't need to get a new check-up since her last contract ended prematurely and she was only in HK for about a year. So I'm probably going to try out the body check place for her that you recommended when she arrives in HK (tomorrow).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast