Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone due April 2008?

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

Just hitting 18 wks and I seem to go through days where I am starving all the time and other days where food is not so interesting. Also finally starting to show a little...my regular pants still fit but snuggly so I am loving my new maternity pants! They are a little big yet but comfy! No movement yet though....

I can't believe the half-way mark is almost there. I am suddenly worried there are all kinds of things I should be doing to prepare! Have any of you started taking antenatal classes yet or is it too soon? I have just heard that Annerly midwives classes are filling up so I guess I better call about those.

Hope all of you are feeling well!

putput is offline Registered User
    Hi all

I'm due with our first around mid April. Booked into the Matilda. Nervous and excited at the same time.

I have an obvious bump but I think it's because I had hyperemesis and lost lots of weight so the bump sticks out more. I do love it though!

Food wise, I'm starting to get my appetite back. I read that ideally we should eat something every two hours because even if we're not hungry there's every chance that baby is. Doesn't need to be a full blown meal but a snack or glass of milk even.

Good luck all!

Clowe is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!

Cyberfish - I've been told my our OB and friends that it doesn't make sense to do any prenatal classes til about 2 months or so before you're due. I plan to do mine at Annerly also. Looking forward to it, and to meeting "others" like me. Maybe we'll be in the same class??

I am nearly 18 weeks myself, and my appetite is still pretty normal. I've actually been kinda looking forward to the surge, but so far I've not felt any need to eat more than before. I'm sorta taking the "listen to your body" approach which is easier and makes sense to me. Making sure I make very calorie count and not eating junk that my baby can't benefit from.

Definitely showing but still possible to conceal from strangers who don't look too closely. I'm booked in at Matilda too mid April.

Putput - who is your OB? We're with Dawkins, whom we're quite happy with.

putput is offline Registered User
    Hi Clowe,

We've gone with Dr Sally Ferguson who has been really lovely. We were with Christine Choy initially who was nice however she gave me way too many pills to pop and couldn't explain why I had to take them all. Turns out they made my hyperemesis worse.

Re. ante natal classes, a friend started them as soon as she was three months pregnant, however we've been told to start them in January. I guess it'll be at Annerley. It'd be cool if we were all in the same class!

We moved here about 15 months ago and have a good network of friends but it would be nice to be able to share this experience with people going through it at the same time! Things like maternity clothes shopping etc!

JoTs is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone, I too am booked at Matilda with Dr Dawkins. He has been really great so far. I have my 20 week scan on Thurs - a bit nervous but kind of looking forward to it too!

Not sure I will bother with any antenatal classes - do people normally do any with their 2nd baby?

Jo

my_ldbug is offline Registered User
    Hi JoTs

Hubby and I are planning to go for a refresher course in breathing and birthing positioning - just in case! Don't think we're going to take all the pre-birthing classes though.

Cheers!

mbang is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

I'm a first timer to Geobaby. Also due in April of next year, on the 24th with my first, a boy. I'm booked at Matilda Hospital and have been seeing Dr. Ghosh who has advised me not to take pre-natal classes until much later in my pregnancy. However, I have heard from friends with children that the pre-natal classes aren't necessary, especially after the first child.

Pregnancy has been treating me fairly well and actually have traveled quite a lot for my job. I haven't had much morning sickness but was extremely fatigued especially during the first trimester. For the past few days, I've actually decreased in appetite but I'm still snacking frequently. Have the same thought as Putput that although I'm not always hungry that my baby needs it even if it's just a little bit.

Although I'm not showing to most, I am steadily growing a little basketball in front of my body. Also sleep at night has been a bit interrupted since pre-pregnancy I used to sleep on my back and now have to turn from side to side.

It's really great to see others on this forum that are due in April as well. Although I happen to have many friends who are pregnant or just had their first, it seems they are already at a stage beyond when I'm still getting used to being pregnant!

mushi is offline Registered User
    hi there,
    i am on for both adventist and matilda though adventist is now asking for a deposit of $20000, non-refundable......i would not mind paying it but i always have this fear..what if i cannot go to adventist for my delivery for some reason and my money goes waste then??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast