Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone due April 2008?

JoTs is offline Registered User

Anyone due April 2008?

Hi Everyone, I'm due April 2008. I have a nearly 2 year old. Kind of dreading those first few months of sleepless nights.... but I had my son in the UK, so I guess everything will be a bit different here. For one thing, I have my in-laws to contend with now and all their "helpful hints"!!! (I am English and my husband is Chinese!). I am also thinking that once I get a bit bigger strangers will be giving me advice too! They certainly don't hold back with suggestions on how to raise my son!

But I do love living here, I went to the beach this morning, wouldn't happen in October in the UK!

Jo

mushi is offline Registered User

hi Jo,
    i am due early April too and have a 3-yr old son....u r lucky to have yr in-laws around with u....its when u r away form them that u really need and miss them and i wish my family would come over for a little while just to be with me.....i am an indian and living in HK since the last 6 months....let's keep in touch,
    mushi

Julia66 is offline Registered User

Smile

Hi Jo and mushi

My baby is due mid March, a bit earlier than yours. I have been here nearly a year. This is my first. I am having baby in Tai Wai in the Union Private hospital. I too miss family. It would be nice to keep in touch,
    Julia

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

Hello Jo, Mushi and Julia66,

I am due April 11. This is my first and planning to give birth at QMH. How about the rest of you?

So far its been in uneventful pregnancy (which I am grateful for) but I am disappointed I am not really showing much yet!

Clowe is offline Registered User

Hi everyone!

What a great thread...

I am also due in April - around the middle of the month. I'd be curious as to how other women are doing as we are all into our fourth month right now... Namely, how are your appetites, and how much are you "showing"?

For myself, my appetite is still exactly the same as it was pre-preg, but my tummy is really starting to bulge. my work pants do not fit anymore and i'm reduced to elastic-waisted pants - yuck. not quite ready for maternity clothes yet, but definitely have a baby belly. it's just funny because i'm really eating nearly exactly the same as before. maybe even less as i can't gobble down as much in one sitting anymore. i'm about 5'5'' and 112 pounds before getting preg.

Would you ladies mind sharing how you are on the appetite and "baby belly" front? I'm so curious because until now I've had no one at the same stage to share this experience with :-)

Clowe is offline Registered User

Oh Cyberfish, I'm scheduled at Matilda, with Dr. Dawkins (he's super!)...

sswli is offline Registered User

Hi all,

I'm due early april and will be delivering at the adventist. This is my first and so far the pregnancy isnt too bad, not much morning sickness in the first trimester but just emtremely fatigued.

In the week or two, I've noticed a mjor increase in appetite, I just cant stop eating!! My pre pregancy weight was 105pds (i'm 5'4) and now I weight around 117!! bit of a worry....

I'm not showing quite yet, still fit into work pants but...not for long! :D

my_ldbug is offline Registered User

Hi Everyone!

Like JoTS and mushi, I too have a young one (he's 18.5mos now) and we're expecting our second in late April. I will deliver in QMH.

With this second pregnancy, I've actually had a "worse" bout of mornign sickness than with my first. It hasn't been as some would think (no vomiting at least!) but for the first 3 1/2 mos. I had no appetite. I was eating like a mouse. I actually lost weight. But the doctor said that as long as I was eating, both the baby and I would be OK. Only thing I didn't tell her was that while I didn't have an appetite to eat main dinners, I was craving (and sneaking in a bit) chocolate, chips, pizza, anything fried and tasty.

After I gobbled the last tin of pringles (in 3 sittings), I told my husband to keep a watch over me and my cravings. So far so good. Snacking a lot but have laid off the unhealthy things. If any of you have any advice as to how to get my appetite "back up there" baby no 2 and I would greatly appreciate it!

My belly is showing already - maybe it is because it is the second one. I remember not showing very much until I was 4.5 - 5 mos with my first one.

Hope everyone is keeping healthy and happy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast