Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Fussy 6 months??

lilylily is offline Registered User

Fussy 6 months??

My baby is 6 months old and has recently become very fussy when it comes to sleeping. She used to sleep during the day quite easily but now she is always squirming and crying when I try to put her to sleep. She is also crying during the day and wants me to hold her all the time and will not play with herself.

I think she is also starting to teethe. Could this be the cause of her fussiness? I also just started solids 5 days ago..

carolina78 is offline Registered User
    I think it's due to her teething! I have a 6 months old daughter as well, she doesn't sleep much during the day though. So at night, she sleeps very well. When I started solid 2 weeks ago, she constipated for more than a week but I'm glad that it's over now. My only problem is that she still needs breast in the middle of the night and fall asleep while eating. I heard it can lead to tooth decay!

woodk6 is offline Registered User
    Hi girls. Yes after several weeks of great sleeping my 6 mo old daughter woke up last night at 10pm and 3am STARVING. So I'm thinking growth spurt. I also read that they get separation anxiety around 6 months which makes them not want to go down for naps, and not want to be separated from the mother, etc. My daughter is definitely getting that because she's getting fussy around nap time and has a look of worry on her face. I just read an article on Babycenter.com about that. And she hates it when I go in the other room, even if my husband is playing with her. Ugh.

lilylily is offline Registered User
    I wish I know what it is. She just learnt how to roll too and she is constantly rolling even when she is sooooo tired, and hence cry a lot cos she can't wind herself down. I think it is a combination of teething, starting solids, rolling, separation anxiety.. lucky me. Well, I hope this is happening all at the same time so I don't have to deal with it many times! Hope this will end soon!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    You're not alone. My girl turns 6 months this Sunday and she's gotten "fussier," too. She's been wanting to nurse more than usual, is drooling gallons, harder to put down for naps. Luckily her bedtime at night remains the same, except that she's been waking more to feed.

I remember my son being this way, too, when he was around six months. He was 'back to normal' after a while. I can't remember how long it lasted, but it mustn't have been long, else we'd probably not have tried for #2! Remember, this, too shall pass! :)