Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cebu Shangri-la, what to do?

joannek is offline Registered User

Cebu Shangri-la, what to do?

We're going to Shangrila in Cebu next week for 6 days with 2.5 yr girl. besides playing at the pool & beach, anyone been there who can suggest anything else to do with bub? read in the other thread that you can feed the fish at their private beach? and beach toys are available so i don't have to bring ours? any playground, swing or slide? should we rent a catamaran & bring bub out?

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    they do have a toddler's zone that you can try, however, since it was next to the adventure zone (for over 4 yrs old kids) I did not get to try it, as I knew my son would want to go over to the big kids section & it would cause more stress than pleasure for us.

If interested, you can also go shopping by the free shuttle bus that the hotel provides to go to a couple of malls. Check with the concierge for schedule.

You don't have to bring your own beach toys if you don't want, as they have set up a big umbrella and underneath is an area where your little one can play with sand plus a couple of toy shovels. The hotel provides "fish food" basically old bread etc. that you can throw to the fish in the morning. Beach is rather small, but adequate.

I highly recommend the Italian restaurant in the hotel Acqua, it was very good and I thought pretty reasonable for a hotel chain. Enjoy your stay.

thanks, hkfornow. do they have small buckets & sand molds?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi JoanneK we went to Cebu in August with our then ten month old and he had so much fun!

Yes they have small buckes and sand molds to play with. My son loved the toys under the big umbrella, and when we were there, they had a large pile of them.

He loved feeding the fish, which we did everyday! Although he wasn't impressed with the fact that the bread was for the fish and not him!

Personally I wouldn't take my son to the shopping centres again- neither are very good and he was really bored even after an hour in one of them. He was much happier at the beach and pool.

The pool has a water slide....although goes much faster than you might think as we found when I took my son down it!

There is a toddlers club, where they can play with toys and do activities etc. They also have an evening party for children with music and food etc. We didn't go 'cos son was a bit young.

He loved the big parrot character however who came round every afternoon to advertise the party!

The hotel offers eevry water sport/boat trip imaginable.

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun, thanks!