Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Adoption

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Melissa and Faith, I've just got off the phone from Social Welfare and have booked in for the initial briefing session for December! Can't quite believe it! I had to ring family back in NZ to tell them the news!

Anyway, as you mentioned Faith, the sessions are quite small so that's why they book so far ahead. Melissa, they didn't ask anything in regards to finance so I can't give you any information but definitely ring them and find out an exact figure and see how you can work round it. It may be that you only need to top up your income a little, if any. Best of luck with you inquiries, I found them really helpful. I was actually quite nervous when I rang and I'm feeling elated now that the ball is rolling!! Keep us posted...
    Megan
    Congrats Megan!!!!

I'm so so happy for you! The waiting is what we call, adoption pregnancy.

We really should meet up and talk about the stage that we are all in. Very exciting!:yeah2.....

hkrose is offline Registered User
    Yeah Megan! We will be joining you in Dec!!!! I'm so excited but nervous at the same time... I don't want anything to go wrong.

faith (sorry my capial f's don't work :) ) So exciting to hear about your process so far. PLEASE keep us updated! It's so exciting and encouraging to read about what the process entails.

Okay... gotta run. Have a great day!!!

Melissa,
    Wow! You made the call! This is all very exciting! Congrats!

hkrose is offline Registered User
    Yeah.. I actually mad the call several times but there always seemed to be one more thing. It was actually quite a frustrating week but alas... we are scheduled and that's all that's important. I'm just praying so hard that nothing changes and it all works out!

meg
    meg is offline Registered User

Smile

Hi Melissa and Faith,
    Thanks for the congratulations Faith. I have just discovered the forum goes on to page 2, so I was delighted to see both your messages! Wonderful you got into the December intake Melissa. I like the term "adoption pregnancy" Faith, and I think it would be great to meet up and share info and just have a good natter about it all...I'll try and pm you both my phone number and email.......if I can work out how to do it! Then maybe we could arrange something...It really is so exciting...and nice to be able to talk to people that are in the same situation..

Megan

Ladies,

This is all very exciting! Congrats on being 'adoption pregnant'!

melinhk is offline Registered User

International Adoption...U.S. citizens adopting

I read some of the posted thread, and thought I'd just leave a comment about adoption. My husband and I are currently in the process of adopting a baby boy from Guatemala. We are from the states and just moved to HK just over 2 months ago....and began the process back home..actually got all of the paper work finalized, home study completed, immigration approval, etc. finished before leaving the states, and then just received our referral (that is what they call it when the agency/orphanage actually 'refers' a child to you with picture, info., etc) in August.

I could tell you lots of details about the crazy process of adoption, but I'm unsure it will be helpful if you are an HK resident adopting locally. The process here must be very different if the info I read on the thread was accurate. If I could be of help, or anyone is wondering about U.S. citizens adopting...or Guatemalan adoption, let me know.

It's all worth it when you get that picture of your baby, so hang in there!....But now, as our little one is about 10 weeks old, and the legal process will most likely take another 6 months, it is difficult---to be so far from him and simply receive monthly updates on him! But, God's timing is perfect, eh?!...so, we'll wait.

melinhk,

I totally agree with you that God's timing is perfect! Things will fall into place and hang in there! Cangrats! Can't wait for you to get your baby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12