Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USA Wish list

shaanmom is offline Registered User

Talking USA Wish list

Hi All,
    Hoping I could pick your brains....
    My bro is coming fm the US next mth, and asked me what I wanted for my 8mth ds. I just can't think of anything, except for a cute formal outfit for his 1st bday.... what would you ask for ??

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    It depends on how attached you or your LO is to US products. For a while I've had to import toothpaste (Gerber), Laundry detergent (dreft), Lotions & cleansers (cetaphil . .. cheaper in Costco since we use a lot of it). Kids clothes was the one thing I've found ultra cheap to get in HK, if you know where to shop.

snagito is offline Registered User
    I think the children's cutlery is very good in the US - and you will need that once baby is 1 year old so I would ask for something along those lines -- for example, Gerber do great suction bowls that stick on to high chair trays and good quality forks and spoons for little ones and great bibs at very affordable prices. Plus, some children's hardback books in the US are cheaper than they are here - do you have The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle? Most little ones love that book! Just a few thoughts for you - hope they help!

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Baby Aveeno, kids books from Costco or TJ Maxx is pretty cheap. I usually stock up on medicines but after the recall, I dont know whats out there. I would also get some clothes from Baby Gap. =) BTW, I believe Dreft is sold in Gateway.

snoopymom is offline Registered User
    medicines, baby aveeno products, baby books, baby dvds...

shaanmom is offline Registered User
    Hi, nice ideas.... def will ask for Baby Aveeno products, as well as baby books. Trying to have as less TV as poss, but anyway, have Baby TV which is handy for a quick distraction!! Am using pigeon detergent, so don't need any dreft. Reg meds, what should I ask for? I don't keep a lot on hand, just some panadol, polaramine and homeopathic pills for teething....
    Agree with HKfornow reg clothes in HK, bought really nice stuff today fm Central lanes, and also found a really good online co. for export clothes (all famous brands) at reasonable prices and quick delivery! But... any suggestions reg a nice formal outfit for fancy 1st b'day bash? So far what i've seen is really exp (ie, 5th floor Prince's building) or really "out there" (the lanes....) - nothing in between!
    Looking forward to more suggestions...!! :)
    Last edited by shaanmom; 10-17-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling mistake!!

carang is offline Registered User
    stanley market....they have little "tuxedo-s" can't remember how much they are though. very cute!

Neha is offline Banned
    My husband bought for our son's 1st birthday cool clothes from states from Mayc's and Nordstrom . Branded really cheap with jackets etc at USD 25.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast