Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Blankie- Urgent!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Blankie- Urgent!

Hi!

My son has recently become attached to two blankies that were brought back from the States for him.

The other day we were out shopping in Central and lost one of them....which leaves us with only one!

Does anyone know anywhere in HK that sells blankies? Have looked in B2B but they only had pink ones. Did consider using very soft muslin squares but they are just too big for my son to sleep with....and he has to sleep with his blankie!

Anyone know where I can find a blankie, or something that could be used as a blankie?!

spockey is offline Registered User
    Why don't you go to a fabric store and buy a piece of cloth small enough to be a blankie?

artistinhk is offline Registered User
    Cut the first one in half so worst case scenario you still have a backup. Even if it is a small portion, it can be attached to another blanket in emergency scenarios.

This happened to us also so we called a friend at home and asked them to go to the same shop and buy another one as a backup.

Good luck

Yes could go to fabric store but not sure if will be able to find fabric soft enough....could try though.

I did think about cutting the blankie he has up but am worried it will unravel and fray....

Think I might have to get someone to send some over from the UK.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i used to go to Stanley Market to get my daughter's. they have a huge selection. esp the 2 stores across from watsons. those receiving blankets. very good quality & not expensive.

Thks Joannek- planning a trip to Stanley soon to see what winter clothes they have si will bear that in mind.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    not sure which ones you're looking for. my MIL bought ours from Sham Shui Po (Tung Choi Street i think). they sell lots of babies stuff there. but ours is really a hankie... but if muslin squares are too big? are you looking for something smaller than a blanket?

they're the soft ones from Japan, half a dozen in a bag. dd is addicted to them for sleeping, we must've burn through over 100 of them, dropping them here and there. but they've been very useful for us, multi-purpose and we get enough so we don't worry about losing or having an abundance of clean ones.

Yeah, the blankies he has now are much smaller than a blanket or muslin square...they were specially made as 'blankies.' Just wondered if anywhere sold specially made 'blankies.'
    Thks for the tip.