Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Releasing Gd Helper Due to Relocation

a mum is offline Registered User
    Hi mummybee, just curious, why would you not consider bringing your maid with you? My family will also be relocating to singapore sometimes next year and am thinking of bringing our maid, which has been very caring to my 4.5 month old baby boy. Everyone tells me that it is not easy to find a good maid. But of course, we need to pay her the HK salary given the contract. If you have any good leads to find a good maid in Singapore, I would love to know.

mummybee is offline Registered User
    Hi a_mum, we did ask Josie but sadly she is not keen and said she will have difficulty gaining entry into S'pore cos of the strict laws governing helpers and maximum age limit (38 apparently?). Although I am not sure if this is the real reason, I totally understand why she is coming from. To uproot and settle in a new country is not for everyone, especialyl since she has friends here.

Wish I have leads to good helpers in s'pore! Now relying on friends there to look for recommendations.

Slam is offline Registered User

Releasing Gd Helper Due to Relocation-Reply

I am expecting a baby in next April 2008 and looking for a philippinno helper to take care of the new born baby.

Josephina's profile sounds fit to us. What's your contact number which we can discuss more.

My cell phone number is 92208526.

Sindy

boyzngirl is offline Registered User
    I have two helpers at the moment and one of them is going home soon. Is your helper willing to work together with another helper? If so, please send me her number. Thank you.

mummybee is offline Registered User
    Hi Slam, Hellenlau and everybody, very sorry to say that Josie has found a new employer and is no longer available for interviews. Thanks everyone for your interest and good luck finding the perfect helper..

MB

frogpink is offline Registered User
    Hi Mummybee

Has your helper alrady found a new employer or is she still looking. I have a newborn due in mid April and would like to emloy a helper around the end of March. I live in the new territories do you think she would be interested? How can I contact her to chat?

thanks

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Frogpink,

Mummybee mentioned in the post above yours that her helper had found a new employer already!

collsi is offline Registered User
    Excellent helper 'Josie' looking for a new employer

Josie (the helper referred to in the original post) has been with us for over 4.5 years (since 'mummybee' left HK) and Josie has been a wonderful helper. Unfortunately we are now relocating and cannot take her with us. As such we are looking to help her find a good employer before we leave. Her last day with us will be 27th of August.

Josie has helped to look after our 2 very energetic and independent-minded young children.
    Josie is not afraid to correct the children should they misbehave which I like. She is also quick to find out what events/ activities are available for the children, which helps when organising schedules.
    Josie can organise play-dates with the children’s friends when appropriate. She can play with/ read to/ sing with the children, which they really like.

Josie is an excellent cook. She is interested in cooking and in trying out new recipes and foods. Josie will happily organise the grocery shopping (and the menu planning as well once she knows your food tastes).
    Josie can also look after the cleaning/ general household duties.

Should both parents be working, Josie can easily manage the household duties and the children with minimal instruction.
    Josie can think on the spot and organise things in a practical and sensible manner which means she can be relied upon to deal with any situation. Josie has a strong character and will voice her opinion when appropriate.
    It is not necessary to give her instructions on a day to day basis - just to let her know schedules, appointments, etc.

Josie has travelled and worked in a number of countries and has extensive experience working with all ages (newborn babies, young and older children, and the elderly). She has worked for both Asian and Caucasian families.
    Her pay reflects her experience, her common sense, and her ability to manage whatever comes her way in a practical and sensible manner.

She would suit a family who would embrace her as part of the family. It has been a pleasure to have Josie help us and our family will miss her.

Josie is available for interview on Sundays.

If you want more information please feel free to pm me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast