Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Releasing Gd Helper Due to Relocation

mummybee is offline Registered User

Releasing Gd Helper Due to Relocation

Due to relocation to Singapore, we will be releasing our helper in December and now endeavour to find a good employer for her before we go. Her last day with us would be mid December (around 9th).

Josephina (we call her Josie) is 48 years old, although she looks younger and has more energy than me running after my active 2 yr old daughter as well as keeping our apt spotlessly clean. The single one thing I like abt Josie is that she takes her childminding very seriously, and keeps close to my daughter whenever they go out to clubhse or playgroups (she doesn't bring cell phone when out with my daughter). As some of you in this forum would know, my daughter has severe food allergies but Josie has never had an "accident" mixing / contaminating food. She is ever trying to cook palatable dishes for my daughter with the limited food variety available. She is a good story reader and singer.

Josie is also an efficient worker in cleaning / general household duties. She is independent and I let her manage grocery shopping money without problems. Oh yes, she is fantastic in ironing, even my silks and husband's suitpants!

However, Josie is not an angel and has her shortcomings, amongst which include a strong character developed from her extensive yrs of experience. She is not scared of reprimanding / desciplining my daughter (which didn;t sit well with me at first) and is certainly not timid. She would better suit a family who would embrace her as part of the family.

If you want more details or wish to talk to me in person, do PM me for my contact details. You are also most welcome to interview her on Sundays.

Thanks

HappyV is offline Registered User

I would have thought that a strong character was not a "shortcoming".

And that being prepared to dicipline a naughty or disobedient child was a necessary part of the job!

She sounds fabulous - and I've forwarded your message to a couple of friends looking for help.

SS@HK is offline Registered User

Would like to know if Josephina has experience in looking after new borns?
    Also is there a retirement age for domestic helpers? Thought about this because Josephina is already 48!

Yes, SS@HK, Josie has taken care of two newborns (2 separate households) one of which was a premature baby requiring her 24-7 care. Re retirement age, there is no limit so long as it is mututal agreement from both employer and employee. My aunt re-hired her 65-yr-old helper just for cooking.

fennho is offline Registered User

hi there

i am interested in hiring a trustworthy helper who can help me with my newborn. Am new here in HK (from Spore actually) but i am only due in Jan 08. I will be returning to Spore for my delivery and confinement period, hence will only return to HK in Feb 08. If i get her in Dec, is she willing to travel with me to Spore for 2-3 months?

leas000 is offline Registered User

I have recently moved to Hong Kong and I am currently looking for a domestic helper. I am living in Midlevels and have 2 children (2 years and 4 years).

Could you send me contact details for Josie - I am very keen to meet her.

Many thanks

Bambina is offline Registered User

Hi fenno,
    Pls check the PM! She used to work in Singarpore as well!

Ciao!!!

leas000 and fenho, please check your PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast