Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mum's Knitting/Crochetting, etc. Playgroup

llb
    llb is offline Registered User

Mum's Knitting/Crochetting, etc. Playgroup

Wanted to check in to see if there are other mothers out there interested in getting together to knit and crochet. Would love to get a group together where babies/toddlers could play with helpers while us Mums knit, crochetted, etc. for one or two hours. I'm planning to approach the YWCA to see if they might be able to host a gathering twice a month or once a week in the new year, or perhaps we could rotate hosting at homes. Please let me know if you are interested. It would be great to go back to the YWCA with xx number of Mums interested...

pinkpearl is offline Registered User
    Hi llb,
    I am interested in joining Knitting group.I know a bit of knitting infact i made a few things for my baby when i was pregnant by consulting books.but have never tried crochetting....i think i would love to...so u can count me in..

llb
    Great, thanks for replying. I know YWCA also has classes. Plan to try the Advanced Knitting Classes. I met the teacher yesterday and she says if you know how to knit, purl and increase and decrease you can join the class. I'm going to try that in the new year but in the meantime, hope we can rally enough Mums to start something a bit more informal.

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    That would be great! I live in Tai Po but would travel.... Was planning on doing the advanced knitting class too but have reasonably advanced experience already and no new project I want to start so wasn't sure it was worth paying the fee.

llb
    I put in an e-mail to YWCA to see if they'd be willing to host group or session so will let you know how that goes.

As for taking the advanced knitting class, the instructor is really nice and fun too. I've met her a couple of times and she helped me with a knitting dilemma. If you are looking to meet other knitters it might be a good place. I also know that Stitch n Bitch Hong Kong is going to start a daytime knit instead of the twice a month evenings. Seems most people couldn't make those evening sessions....

Will be in touch soon...

fee
    Great new about stitch n bitch. I can't make it to the evenings but would find days a lot easier... Looking forward to hearing about both options.

pinkpearl is offline Registered User
    Are the classes in YMCA and stitch & bitch counducted in English...

fee
    YWCA has classes in English - see http://esmd.ywca.org.hk/ and stich & bitch is a informal group that knit etc as they chat (hence the name)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast