Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help

jools is offline Registered User

Help

Some of you may remember that I was having difficulty with my little man's weight gain. Well after a long story and many tests later, it very sadly turns out that he has cystic fibrosis. I have read all the scary stuff on the internet and am now in a complete state of panic.

We are currently seeing Dr Tam, but I really need to hear from anyone who has experience of this disease or knows of any dietician that has experience of dealing with cf. I know this is going to be difficult in Hong Kong as Asians don't carry the gene for cystic fibrosis and therefore never have to deal with the devistation it causes.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks from absolutely terrified Mummy.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Jools - so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I have sent you a PM.

Sunshine2 is offline Registered User
    Hi Jools
    This post was recently brought to my attention-I am also so sorry for your little boys diagnosis. I am a Paediatric Dietitian practicing in Hong Kong, origionally from the UK where I have seen children with CF before. Please let me know if you would like to get in contact - I wasnt sure how I could send you a 'PM' (I'm new to this Forum!!) where I presume I could give my contact e-mail/mobile number,

With Best Wishes

Scroll to top