Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Due in March 2008

mum2b is offline Registered User

Hi bbvv,

Same for me as time has passed much quicker and with less check ups as I have had more confidence this time round - so far!

My son is fascinated with my tummy and I am trying to explain he has a little sister on the way but of course it is over the top of him right now.

Are you worried about jealousy? I am hoping with my mum here and a good helper along with my husband, my son is not going to feel too left out. He is already used to me going off to work but with maternity leave not far away now he will be getting used to me at home again. Any advice for helping first children get used to a newborn sibling? He will only 20 months but is a friendly boy who already shares toys and keen to interact with other children.

lieny is offline Registered User

Hi All
    This forum is so quiet.. how are the moms to be doing? I am 27 weeks now..baby is kicking more frequently =)
    Hey, would you be interested in a little gathering? it'd be pretty cool to meet in person.. How about sometime in the first week of Jan 2008? Pls let me know if you are interested.

cxflygirl is offline Registered User

Well.. 27 weeks today.. keep thinking about the actual birth and getting more freaked out now about the pain of labour & birth!!

peainpod is offline Registered User

Happy Holidays! Hope everyone's pregnancy is going well.

Just starting my third trimester - and all my experienced friends/family are telling me how fast it's going to progress from here. (And with all the holidays coming up - NY, CNY etc - I'm sure the next couple of months will just whiz by!)

Have you discussed birth plans with your doctor yet? Just curious to know at what stage do you "pin down" (well, as much as you can!) the birth plan in relation to the progress of the pregnancy.

lieny is offline Registered User

I haven't discussed birth plans with my Dr. Last time I saw her, she said it was too early. I have started my research on getting a paeditrician though.. Has anyone started on this? Any names you would recommend or is recommended to you? Thanks and Happy 2008.. it will be such an exciting year !!

MaiYe is offline Banned

Dear all March 08 moms to be,

I'm Florence and it's now in the middle of my 29wks. This is my first baby and it's going to be a girl. I live at Tseung Kwan O. Anyone of you live close by? Perhaps we could meet up for a coffee chat at the MetroCity.

In regards of birthplan, simply share your thoughts w/ur pediatrican and he/she should be able to discuss further w/u.

Anyhow, Happy New Year to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by lieny View Post
    I haven't discussed birth plans with my Dr. Last time I saw her, she said it was too early. I have started my research on getting a paeditrician though.. Has anyone started on this? Any names you would recommend or is recommended to you? Thanks and Happy 2008.. it will be such an exciting year !!

All OBs have a "partner" paediatrician whom they cross-refer - but of course you are not obligated to use him/her. In my case, I did talk it over with my OB (Philip Ho) during the last visit and he refers Dr. Joseph Pang. (Dr Pang is well-known but comments on him from this forum have been quite negative.)

On the other hand, the demands on the paed aren't that high at that initial hospital stage (delivery and daily hospital checks on the baby) so most paeds should be fine and it's easy to switch to someone else afterwards. That's why I think I'll probably go with my OB's suggestion to start with, and maybe later switch to someone else, if I find that I don't like/relate well to Dr. Pang.

In terms of Paediatrician recommendations, here are some of the names that I've heard from friends and/or this forum:
    (in no particular order)
    Drs. Tanpa Thondup, Dannie Ting, Thomas Chan, Richard Chiu, Yvonne Ou and Maurice Leung.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast