Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Due in March 2008

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Btw, I'm going with Maurice Leung as my paed. (Thanks Lieny!) It was much easier to book him than I thought. I just gave his name to my OB and so long as he goes to the hospital you're booked for (the Matilda) then my OB's office will make the booking and all the necessary arrangements for you.

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Hi bbvv,

Same due date where r u having your baby?? yeah 2 years break well it all comes with good timing as the company I work for is closing and will re open in 2 years in a new location. I have decided not to work for any other company for the time being but very happy with the option to go back to work in 2 years.

Peainpod,

Yes I am getting tired of being in this state.. sleeping and moving around in bed is a paid.. and not to mention having to get up 3-4 times to pee at night. I haven't decided on C Section or natural. Orginally I was all go for an elective C-section and then everyone is telling me its better to go natural but I just dont want to tear.. maybe too many bad stories.. I dunno my pain tolerance level is zero and I am getting super nervous and scared about the whole labour/ birth experience.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Hi cxflygirl,

I'm having mine at QE - I had my boy back in July 2006 at the same hospital and was happy with them. I am still having my checkups privately though. Did you have a 3D/4D scan? - we had ours done at 27 weeks and she looks the same as my boy when he had his done. Gosh you are so lucky having 2 yrs off and still have a job to go to. Part time work is hardly heard off in HK - all my friends in UK with babies have this option.

It's less daunting for me to have my baby 2nd time round but I am still scared of the pain - sorry doesn't really help you but in the end all the pain will be worth it.

Hi Peainpod,

8 more weeks to go and sleeping is the worst part of my pregnancy as my back aches alot - this is due to ending up on my back. I've tried all the belly support pillow etc and still find myself on my backs at times. Work is keeping me busy which is good as it makes the weeks go by much quicker but also running around my toddler (18mths) keeps my mind off my pregnancy too.

lieny is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone

I am checking with Dr. Thondup if he will come to Sanatorium for my natural delivery. I am approaching 34 weeks - was getting anxious a few weeks ago, but now better with Chinese new year as smth to look forward to =)
    For me it's my thighs that ache.. so been going to massages, to ease the pain. My baby moves a lot nowadays.. and I don't think I am drinking enough fluid.. about 5 glasses.. How much water/ fluid is everyone drinking? I heard the fluid gives baby space to move easier.

MaiYe is offline Banned
    hi moms,

i shall be delivering by mid/late March and now reaching my 34th week. my sweetie angel tends to move more vigoursly starting from sunset until late night.

i shall deliver in Canossa hospital.

cheers,
    Florence <[email protected]>

MaiYe is offline Banned
    hi Self,

i live @ TKO and EDD is March 13. do u live close by?

cheers,
    Florence <[email protected]>

peainpod is offline Registered User
    How's everyone doing with their baby shopping? We ordered our crib a couple of weeks ago and it arrived yesterday, so hubbie and I had "fun" assembling it last night! (Somehow it seems to make everything more real, with the crib standing in the baby's room.)

I was all set to buy a crib bedding set (had the pattern all picked out and everything) but then I read about SIDS - and it seems like most of the things in the set (bumper padding, pillow, quilt) are all bad ideas - at least for a newborn. So we're going to hold back on the purchase and just go for a few fitted crib sheets and maybe a blanket instead for now. (The cot looks so much more bare without the fancy bedding :-( but at least it will be safe for bubs.) I am going shopping for a crib mobile soon though, which will help dress it up a bit.

In terms of other purchases, I'm trying to work thru the newborn must-buy lists from the Internet to see what are essentials and what aren't. (For instance, are nasal aspirators a good idea?) Anyone have shopping list ideas to share?

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    BBVV,

Had a 3D scan however she keeps hiding so I haven't had a good view of her features. The option to stop working is good but having worked for so many years not sure how I am going to cope with being unemployed.

Sleeping is getting uncomfortable and having to wake up at least 2-3 times a night.

PEAINPOD

Went to Eugene at Lane Crawford House to do all my baby shopping they have everything. I brought a nasal aspirator told that i would need it. I also brought the traditional thermometer..instead of the electric one as I heard its more accurate. Baby nail clippers, All big big bag of cotton wool. I heard the miracle blanket is a must buy..www.miracleblanket.com and you can get this at Mothercare. Hope that helps.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast