Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Due in March 2008

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by cxflygirl View Post
    BBVV,

I heard the miracle blanket is a must buy..www.miracleblanket.com and you can get this at Mothercare. Hope that helps.
    I did get the miracle blanket! (Actually I bought two!!) Not cheap at HK$255 each but somehow it makes me feel more prepared. (I had bought some regular swaddling blankets but from everything I read, it seems that they tend to be too small and babies can quickly climb out of them if they aren't wrapped up right.) I also learned that my baby is supposed to be on the big side (inherited his daddy's big head!) so I guess the extra material in the Miracle Blanket will be most appreciated.

I also got the "Happiest Baby on the Block" book with the famous Karp "5S" method (swaddling, side, shushing, swaying and sucking) to calm a colicky baby.
    Last edited by peainpod; 02-04-2008 at 02:56 PM.

lieny is offline Registered User
    Hi All, I have bought a crib, stroller, towels, 2-in-one baby shampoo/soap, that multi function wardrobe/ bathtub from Chicco is pretty good, baby music (lullabies & classical), and of course baby clothes.

Have you gals bought diapers too? I wasn't sure if I shoud get this now? Also - have you bought the milk, bottles, breast pumps, and sanitizer? I am also wondering if I should wait for this, as I want to breastfeed.. pls share your thoughts. Thanks, Lieny

peainpod is offline Registered User
    I'm also planning on breastfeeding but I did buy some Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles and sterilizer - as I am planning on pumping (I have the Medela Pump-in Style - which is available in Mothercare and Bumps to Babes) some of the time as well (I'm told it shouldn't affect the milk supply if you wait out the first month or so, and do it only intermittently so the baby is still feeding from your breast.)

If you are delivering at the Matilda, then DON'T buy newborn diapers b/c I'm told they will give you three huge packs at the hospital and pack up all unused ones for you to take home afterwards. I'm not sure about the other hospitals though.

MaiYe is offline Banned
    hi March 08 moms, any of you live in/around TKO area? perhaps we could form a support group/regular meetings at PoLam - MetroCity Pacific Coffee. pls advice:)

cheers,
    Florence <[email protected]>

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    brought most items.. still have to buy a breast pump, sterililser. Just stop working so taking it easy..

MaiYe love to meet up.. where is PO lam?? I live in Tung CHUNG

MaiYe is offline Banned
    oh i'm afraid i live towards the other end. Po Lam is the MTR Tseung Kwan O line terminus, and it's at the Tseung Kwan O area.

cheers,
    Florence

sswli is offline Registered User
    I have a two month old son and live on the south side, is it possible to meet on hk island?

MaiYe is offline Banned

TKO moms & babes gathering

Date: July 4, 2008 (this Friday)
    Time: 11AM - 1PM
    Place: Pacific Coffee (MetroCity Plaza, Polam MTR Station)

Please RSVP w/Hedia's mom - [email protected]

cheers,
    Hedia (4mths old daughter of Florence)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast