Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Any Mommies due in Jan 08

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    I am definitely planning to BF my baby until at least 6 months... although I hear is it very difficult if you have to return to work or have any other commitments. I think my minimun would be to exclusively BF for 3 months. The Yoga has been fun but it really don't help you get fit. Most of the modified positions for pregnancy are very low impact and mostly stretching and sitting positions. but I think it's good to open up my pelvic area and such. Unfortunately the center I am going to will be closed for most of Dec. I've been going once a week for the past few weeks now. My friends got my a cot and some baby stuff at my baby shower but I still haven't started buying anything. i don't seem to be "nesting" yet... but I guess I should get started on it soon before I am too tired to shop :P

all's quite on the western front? no much activity on these forums these days!! 7 more weeks for me... I am so excited... hope everyone's enjoying the last leg of their pregnancy.

NYCMOM is offline Registered User

Ugggghhhhh

Wasabibunny- so happy the ending is pleasant for you....I have been carrying my 29 lb. toddler around the mid-levels and feel just exhausted! We move to our new apartment at the Bel-Air (are you in phase 2 Wasabibunny?) in a few weeks and I can't wait!!!!

Went on a tour of Matilda hospital where I was told by my doctor's office I was to deliver...they gave me a lovely tour and then checked their list and I am not on it! Not stressful at all, ha ha. So now I have to speak with my OB (Dr. Ghosh) this week and find out what is going on and what I am suppose to do now. I am 33 weeks today and definitely feel like this baby will make an early appearance (I felt like I was about to give birth while walking up the 50 steps holding my son at HK Park playground today).

Also in the midst of hiring a helper, which is a very odd process to me being from the US. I always treated my babysitters like family, they ate with us, we all went to the park together, more like friends. I know this arrangement will be different, so I'm trying to think about that when I interview. Having someone living with you- I want to make sure they are a good fit for our family, but I understand from many people that you often go through one or two helpers at the beginning before you find one that really clicks.

Sorry for the long ramble. I hope all the other Jan. moms are doing well:)

Hey NYCMOM,
    I got your PM a few months ago but I guess you haven't been online! Yes I am at phase 2 as well... it's like a giant playground around 5pm when all the kids get back from school form the schoolbuses... they are all sitting outside and running around. It's actually a little too much for me :) But I am sure your toddler will make many friends living at Bel-Air. Lot of mommies and strollers all around as well.
    I am 33 weeks too and going to see my OB this Friday. I guess I should also reconfirm my booking... I am at HK Sanatorium but I am with an in-house doctor so hopefully all goes well.
    As for the helpers, they are not perfect. My last helper was pretty good, especially with keeping house and cleaning but she didn't want to renew her contract when she found out I was pregnant. My new helper is a better cook but terrible around the house... I contently have to point out where she missed a spot or what she should clean. She's really nice but just unfortunately not that bright. The most important note is to find someone you feel you can trust, especially with a toddler and a new born.

Sheilamay is offline Registered User
    Hi Mummies who are delivering in january...

I just saw your thread... my name is Maggie. I'm one of the La Leche League Leaders in Hong Kong (La Leche League is an international breastfeeding support group).

I just wanted to let you know that we have a meeting at my flat in Happy Valley on Tuesday December 11th. 2.00 til 4.00. you can get the address from our website: www.lllhk.org

I wonder if you would be interested in coming along and finding out more about breastfeeding - this is the BEST time NOW... BEFORE baby arrives!!

In the first half of the meeting we talk about a particular issue related to breastfeeding - this month we are looking at breastfeeding out and about in HK. In the second half of the meeting we talk about whatever concerns the mothers present have - so if pregnant mothers show up, we always talk about how to get breastfeeding off to a good start in hospital and during the early days.

I guess you might have covered some of this sort of stuff in ante natal classes, but you really can't overdose on breastfeeding info.

ANd if you can't make a meeting you can always call any of the La Leche League Leaders on the website, chat through the basic principles of breastfeeding BEFORE baby arrives and of course once baby is here... feel free to give us a call - even if it's just a small concern. Much better to get small problems fixed... before they become big ones.

If you want to give me a call about this my tel. number is below:
    Best wishes for a smooth birth
    Maggie
    La Leche League Hong Kong
    tel; 2817 7475

Maggie, this is my second child and I will breastfeed just like with my first, no issues, but nice to know such a group exists in HK.

Wasabibunny, thank you for the welcome! I think the Bel-Air is going to be a great place to live! Thank you for your comments regarding helpers- this is a difficult process for me since in the States you do not have live-in help. I think we have found someone, want to interview her one more time and have her play with my son to see their interaction. Will be seeing you I'm sure very soon:)

Tomi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCMOM View Post
    Wasabibunny- so happy the ending is pleasant for you....I have been carrying my 29 lb. toddler around the mid-levels and feel just exhausted! We move to our new apartment at the Bel-Air (are you in phase 2 Wasabibunny?) in a few weeks and I can't wait!!!!

Went on a tour of Matilda hospital where I was told by my doctor's office I was to deliver...they gave me a lovely tour and then checked their list and I am not on it! Not stressful at all, ha ha. So now I have to speak with my OB (Dr. Ghosh) this week and find out what is going on and what I am suppose to do now. I am 33 weeks today and definitely feel like this baby will make an early appearance (I felt like I was about to give birth while walking up the 50 steps holding my son at HK Park playground today).

Also in the midst of hiring a helper, which is a very odd process to me being from the US. I always treated my babysitters like family, they ate with us, we all went to the park together, more like friends. I know this arrangement will be different, so I'm trying to think about that when I interview. Having someone living with you- I want to make sure they are a good fit for our family, but I understand from many people that you often go through one or two helpers at the beginning before you find one that really clicks.

Sorry for the long ramble. I hope all the other Jan. moms are doing well:)
    HI NYCMOM,

Was wondering how you went with finding out from Dr. Ghosh if you are delivering at the Matilda? I am due around 29th Jan and have recently moved to HK. This is our first baby.

I'll be seeing Dr Ghosh for the reminder of my pregnancy and he seems quite confident that we'll get to deliver at Matilda although the official line from the hopsital is that they are fully booked till July 08. I'm not sure if i should be worried abt the lack of certainty.

Marissa

Hi Marissa,

Welcome to Hong Kong! Where are you arriving from? I spoke with Dr. Ghosh at my last OB appt. last Thursday and told him that I went on a tour at Matilda and then they told me I was NOT on the list to deliver, that they were full, but they did have my application. He seemed concerned and called in his nurse and asked her if I was confirmed and she said she confirmed me yesterday. He said it's best not to ask the Matilda, that his office has a certain channel they work with to secure their patients a place. Not sure what that all means, but I am moving forward thinking I have a spot for my due date of Jan. 20, although it's pretty certain I will go early, have been having a lot of pressure and pain (the pain feels like when you get a pap smear or have a UTI, really nice!) Dr. Ghosh said I wasn't dilated, but he did put me on a magnesium supplement to delay my body from going into labor too early. I am home during the day by myself with my 29lb. 19 mth old son, so the option to rest is not really there- which is probably the cause of all the pain. Are you settled in HK? Where will you be living? It's such a fantastic place isn't it! Although I really miss internet shopping.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast