Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Any Mommies due in Jan 08

fennho is offline Registered User

Any Mommies due in Jan 08

hi there

I am a first time mom-to-be expecting my bundle of joy in Jan 08...have jus relocated to HK from Spore. Anyone else due in Jan 08? :yeah2

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

i am due Jan 21st. we were all huddled in the Feb 08 post and never started a seperate thread for Jan 08. I am deliverying at HK Sanatorium (hopefully since there are all these horror stories of people not getting a bed even though they have a booking). Currently I am in my 28th weeks and having my checkup soon. Mine's a boy :) Where will you be staying in HK?

Bun
    Bun is offline Registered User

hey...happy to hear that you gals also due in Jan,
    my due date is Jan 22, but i'm having c-section, so should be earlier. I think around mid-Jan.
    In Santorium too...Maybe we'll meet up, wasabibunny.
    :yeah2

falle001 is offline Registered User

Hi,
    Another one due in January. I am due the 13th January - am i the first - Fennho you did not say when your due date was. I am hoping to deliver at the Matilda as we live Mid-Levels so nice and close. Cannot believe we are 6 months plus already, starting to have moments of panic now, feel completely unprepared for anything!!
    However am also very excited and cannot wait to meet bubs. Do you all know whether it is a boy or girl?
    Emma

fennho is offline Registered User

hi ladies!

Glad to "see" u all here....

Wasabibunny...didnt know u all in Feb 08 thread...was a bit confused how come only got feb and no jan..haha

me EDD is 17Jan, but i'm not delivering in HK. Will be returning to my home country, Spore to deliver cos our relocation was confirmed AFTER we have more or less prep everything in Spore, ie hospital booking, gynae, and other arrangements. So, i will be flying back to SG in Dec to prep for my delivery and then returning with my darling after my confinement. Mine is also the first and it's gonna be a gal!!! *squeal* Dream come true...hehe

Where ru gals from? I reckoned u all have been here a long time already? me jus arrived in Oct. But we previously stayed in HK for about a year back in 2004 and now we're back. Pollution seems pretty bad these days...and everyone's wondering why we're back...with a baby to add! Anyway...need to find a good paediatrician here in HK once i'm back with baby. Is it wise to get a PD near to where we stay? Cos the PD my frens recommended is in Central and we're staying in Kowloon station.

Bun... are you having a c-section for medical reasons or personal reasons? Who's your OB? I am with Dr. Danny Leung who's stationed at HK Sanatorium. He's quite nice and vary helpful and replies to all my emails. My checkup has been pushed back to next week so my hubby can make it as well.

It is very odd being in my last trimester.... I keep wondering how much bigger I can get! I am planning to take some Yoga classes now that I am not working full time anymore.

I am Chinese but grew up in Canada. Hubby is Canadian. I live in Cyberport and the air quality is pretty decent out here.

What do you do in the confinement period? My family is not traditional at all so I always wonder what these traditions mean.

Bun
    Bun is offline Registered User

hello, we seem to have all the worries since the due date is getting close, and i'm starting to count down on my msn title too :p I just had 1 single shopping trip to get the essential stuff (so much more to get, but it was alot fun!). Althought, we window shopping alot.
    opps, she's kicking me! sigh...

wasabibunny, hum...the reason why i want c-section is becuz of my personnal wish, but who knows...and i want to prepare well enough. And i hired a confinement lady to take care of me and my baby, I'm so worry about it, although i had an interview with her, but still, I know nothing about new born baby. But One thing, i like about her is she's not supporting the "ginger bath for the first 12 days" philosophy..gosh, i can't do that.

Yeah..i'm looking for a good PD as well, since all the suggested one are in HK side. Should we find one in Central too?
    But the traffic will be too long for a little baby? : (

maggie
    oh my OB is Jenny Ng ( She dosen't talk much!)

Last edited by Bun; 11-02-2007 at 04:02 PM.

I haven't even started looking for a PD yet. How often will the newborn have to be checked up? monthly?

I just took my first prenatal yoga class today and it was like siting and laying in difference poses for an hour. It's very relaxed and I would barely call it exercise haha. It was fun to see so many other pregnant women though, but I arrived just on time and didn't get a chance to chat to anyone. I hope next time I'll get there earlier and the other mommies will be friendlier.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast