Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

What should we expect?

jodymo is offline Registered User

Oh thanks you guys - so appreciate the help and advice. So I guess it might be fair to suggest primary care for the baby, and as she grows up and is hopefully less demanding, we could incorporate some light cleaning etc?

jodymo is offline Registered User

Carang, one more question - was your helper experience when you got her. How much training did she need to work up to this routine?

carang is offline Registered User

yep she had worked for a chinese family for 12 years.

i wasn't able to train her very much as she started when i was in the hospital. ( i was in for 2 weeks prior to my first delivery, which happened 3 weeks early)...

what i DID do was give her a list at the begining stating what i hoped would be done "once per day", "once per week", "once per month" etc.

other than that, i told her that she was an adult and that she should be able to figure out the best time to do things to suit her and what needed to be done.

i dont' think that she is the hardest working helper in the world, but we have a lot more positive to say about her than negative. and i can only hope that she would say the same about us.

ps. we VERY VERY rarely asked her to help with either child at night, even when i was working full time hours. that was MY job and i only ever handed it over if i'd been running on a couple of hours sleep over a couple of nights.

we've never found it necessary to have a part time as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12