Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

C section at Matilda or go back to Australia to give birth?

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulday View Post
    Hes sounds pretty cool. I went in there this morning to see Philip Ho's office and pick up a price list. I might be using him.

When are you due?
    I'm due mid-March 2008. Btw, if you have questions, you can also call up Kelly, his head nurse. She's really great - very sweet and super-friendly. (Actually much easier to talk to than Dr. Ho so for the less "important" questions, I prefer going to her!)

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Hello beautifulday,

I am going to give birth at the Matilda (my first baby) and I just took a tour up there today. The facilities looked good, and it feels like a hotel or retreat rather than a hospital. Very quite and peaceful. I don't know how it compares to private hospitals in Australia as this is only my first (I'm also an Aussie).
    I'm due 3rd of May - when are you due?

Anyway, if you give the Matilda a call on 2849 0355 and speak to Inty, you can arrange a tour of the maternity ward yourself.

woodk6 is offline Registered User
    I had a C section at the Matilda and can't recommend it highly enough. I used Dr Ghosh and would also highly recommend him. The Matilda is superior to even the best hospitals in the US, in my experience. We were all very well taken care of, the food was good and I had a ton of support when it came to pretty much everything, especially breastfeeding. I sometimes wish I could check myself back in there! A friend of mine had her baby there, didn't want to go home and actually stayed an extra night!!! :)

beautifulday is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by pregnant_bel View Post
    Hello beautifulday,

I am going to give birth at the Matilda (my first baby) and I just took a tour up there today. The facilities looked good, and it feels like a hotel or retreat rather than a hospital. Very quite and peaceful. I don't know how it compares to private hospitals in Australia as this is only my first (I'm also an Aussie).
    I'm due 3rd of May - when are you due?

Anyway, if you give the Matilda a call on 2849 0355 and speak to Inty, you can arrange a tour of the maternity ward yourself.
    Thanks for that. I'm due June 12 or 26. Where are you living? Im in the soho area

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I had a baby in one of Sydney's best private hospitals and it didn't come anywhere close to the level of care and experience i had at the Matilda. I still dream of going back there for a night or two to get taken care of!

I had a c-section with Dawkins. He was fantastic and did a great job on it. I haven't had any problems with the scar and my recovery was fantastic given it is major surgery. I walked the same day, hurt like hell the next then started to get back into the swing of things the next day. (take the medication!)

momofthree is offline Registered User
    Both Matilda and Adventist are great hospitals,but if money is no object then I would go for the Matilda.

Dr Ho delivered my third by C-section.It was my least painful and my quickest recovery(other two were not done in HK)He is a very skilled surgeon and came highly recommended to me for this reason.He is a some what reserved man,but as mentioned in previous posts his nurse is excellent and you never wait long for scheduled appointments.

His anaethetist is outstanding and was great to have in the operating theatre letting me know exactly what was happening.Dr Ho was quiet and focused throughout.

Dr Ho respected all my birth plan wishes from music choice in theatre to lowering of the surgical screen so I could see them take my baby out.

His after care in the hospital was warm and considerate and the scar the work that any plastic surgeon would admire!

I would use him again in a heartbeat....If I could convince my husband on a fourth!!!

beautifulday is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much everyone. I have booked in at the Matilda for the birth of my baby with Philip Ho. Its been so nice hearing everyones positive feedback..all I need now is a helper..

Bananbear is offline Registered User

Angry How much to give birth at Matilda?

Hi there,

I have read so many good things about giving birth in Matilda and I've earlier paid a visit there which reiterate my belief. However, many of you have mentioned that is very pricey to give birth there.

May I learn how much you pay last time when you give birth there? What's the rough breakdown?

I've currently booked into a standard normal delivery package which costs me about 18K plus my doctor's fee 20K. I feel it is a reasonable but my friends keep telling me it's not possible to be true. Anything I should watch out regarding its charges?

Worry mum-to-be

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast