Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new mum needs help

MoJoJoJo is offline Registered User

new mum needs help

hi all, i have just given birth to my little girl on tuesday n trying to BF her since.

i didn't have any milk till saturday morning... n unfortunately already have 2 sore n bleeding nipples. my baby swallowed some milk n throw them up at one point too :*( i'm trying to pump out milk now (not much still) and also giving her formula, as she's very hungry.

my right nipple is nearly healed while the left side still has red flesh bits.

i'd like to find a lactation consultant to check on my position n latching. any recommendation? thx ever so much!

Jo - new mum v eager to BF...

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hi, Yvonne Heavyside on 98873235 helped me a lot. La Leche could also assist, their details are listed on their hk website.

miaka is offline Registered User
    i found the nurse/midwives at the maternal/child care centers very helpful. i went to the one in chai wan. they have a breastfeeding room and a nurse is usually in the room to assist or answer questions.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I saw Mrs. Chee with both of my babies and she is a great help. Her number is 9417 6366

thx LeahH and miaka! :) i went to the chai wan maternal/child care centre for antenatal check-up before too - glad to hear that they are good with giving advise on BF. i'll probably call yvoone for some one-on-one help as well.

PS - i had to take my little girl back to the hospital today cos she's a bit too 'yellow' :( hope i'll be able to BF her when she's back....

mosmom is offline Registered User
    mojojojo, i was in exactly the same situation as you when my baby was born in july this year. she had jaundice, got fed formula at the neonatal clinic but i went to see her and bf her every 2-3 hrs during the day to keep the amount of formula fed to her to a minimum. also pumped at home to provide night feeds. i also couldn't pump much at the beginning (maybe 50ml tops) and my nipples were sore and bleeding for 2 months, plus i had a shooting pain every time i latched on i also went to the mchc for bf help, and they were very patient and helpful. they let you bf your baby in the bf room and wait till baby has finished. my problems subsided by themselves and as baby grew older. now breastfeeding/pumping is so much easier :bfeeding

wow great to hear a successful story! :) i'm going to the mchc tomrrow morning, hope they can help correct the latching position problem with me.

but yikes, sore and bleeding nipples for 2 months - well done for keeping at it! i hope i have the same courage & patience too. :P

mosmom is offline Registered User
    yeah, i'm really happy about it, too :yeah2 was really eager like you coz this IS the most natural way to feed baby, right? do also go through the older threads here where you can find info from LLL (sarah). i found them soo useful to boost my confidence and to get to know my body. all the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top