Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

URGENT - spare connector for Medela Mini Electric needed !!

twlewis is offline Registered User

URGENT - spare connector for Medela Mini Electric needed !!

Dear all-

I am DESPARATE to get a connector for a Medela Mini Electric Breastpump. My wife really needs to pump so that we can help her out with late night feeds, but the store that sent her the new breastshields (we couldn't find anywhere in HK where larger sizes were sold) DIDN'T INCLUDE THE CONNECTOR !!! I found a pic of what we are looking for from the Medela US website - see below.

https://www.medela.com/parts_order/p...ages/87071.jpg

I will purchase on the spot. I believe that Mini Electric and Mini Electric Plus as well as Manual will do the trick - not sure. Will buy entire breast pump if absolute necessary. Please help and contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks-
    Trevor

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Have you tried the Medela agent in Hong Kong?

Meridian Hong Kong Limited
    Head Office
    21/F., Tins Enterprises Centre, 777 Lai Chi Kok Road,
    Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2328 2662 Fax: (852) 2358 0263
    Email : [email protected]

Medela Agent

Hi Sarah - yes, that was where we started. My wife has contacted them and they said that they didn't carry any spare parts and they weren't able to provide any retailers that might.

However, frankly, I find that hard to believe and would be thrilled to be told that my wife misunderstood or misheard, but that's what I've been told.

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

Here's where I got my Medela spare parts

Baby Outlet
    602B Causeway Bay Commercial Building
    13 Sugar Street, Causeway Bay
    Tel:2890.4110

Do call before you go, hope you can find it.

Unhappy No luck

Looks like there is no luck on finding connectors for larger breastshields for the Mini Electric from Median, the local HK Medela supplier. Apparently they have them for other pumps, but not ours.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    As you are having such difficulty getting the parts for the pump has your wife considered using hand expression instead? Once you have learnt how to do the hand expression it is as simple as pumping.

There is a hand expression technique called the Marmet Technique, http://www.lactationinstitute.org/MANUALEX.html
    This is useful because it helps the let-down and so you get more milk.

(Please note that the diagram of the breast anatomy is out of date. Recent research has discovered that the milk reservoirs under the areola (the dark coloured part of the breast near the nipple) do not exist. The method, however, still works.)

Some mothers have found that the pumps are not good at getting the let-down to happen and have a lot more success when hand expressing.

You also mention that your wife wants to pump in order to get more rest during the night. Has she managed to breastfeed lying down yet? This is usually better option to get more rest than pumping/expressing and having someone else feed the baby, especially if the baby is under six weeks old. If you wife is having difficulty learning how to breastfed lying down please feel free to call me on 2548-7636.

Best wishes,
    SARAH