Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

hostel for helper

h2o
    h2o is offline Registered User

hostel for helper

Hi everyone,
    i am very new to all this but i have been reading geobaby alot and have gained some knowledge from each thread..
    but now i am in need of urgent advise.
    we have just hired our helper a month ago and now we have to go back our country soon for abt a month.we may come early but still dont know.
    i dont want to leave her alone at home.is there any place like hostel for helpers where we can leave her.
    thanks for reading this,
    god bless.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    Ask the agency you used to hire her they usually have a place they can let your maid stay. I paid my agency about HK$50 a night and my maid didn't mind in fact she suggested it.

h2o
    h2o is offline Registered User
    sky123
    we processed the papers by ourself.so there is no agency.

kevenochfamily is offline Registered User

hostel for helper

Dear h2o

You can check with your agency, they usuallly know or have boarding house which you can put your maid in. Or you can check with the agency how much is a month for providing shelter and food, some maids will rent boarding house and shared the costs by themselves staying during holidays. If your maid can find one, you can suggest the amount provided by agency to discuss with her. Maids are usually welcome to stay out.

If your agency has one, it is better to let her stay and you will know her status as well.

Hope this will help.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    Never mind maybe you can ask an agency and see of they suggest anywhere. Have you asked your maid maybe she knows of somewhere or can ask friends.

Heikeli is offline Registered User
    There are lots of boarding houses in Wanchai, where the live out helper stay. If she knows other Filipinos, then she knows whre to stay...