Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pumping at work

premama is offline Registered User

Pumping at work

Hi,

I'm currently pumping two times while i'm at work. I use two pumps (I originally had the Medela manual but then bought the Avent manual, which is much better) so there's no need to clean/sterilise the pump after I use them.

I was wondering though how other working mothers keep their pump clean or sterilise their pump at work.

Also, do you use a cooling bag when bringing the milk home? I usually get home in about 30 mins so I don't usually bother with one especially in this weather (I keep the milk in the fridge while at work). But I'd like to know where to buy one in case I need to in the summer.

Thanks!

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

We have just had a discussion about sterilising on the LLL working mothers e-mail list. If you would like to join and read the posts the web site is http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...gkong-working/

This group runs like a typical La Leche League meeting, only it is online. This group is primarily for women who are working and breastfeeding and so find it difficult to attend our traditional meetings.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

sky123 is offline Registered User

I used the medela swing and took two sets of sterilised kits (parts/bottles in contact with milk)in two sterilised bags to work so no need to sterlise at work. I bought a cooling bag and ice pack to keep the milk cool when travelling home.