Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm losing my mind

snagito is offline Registered User
    We put our baby in a grobag at 3 months and this solved a lot of our turning worries because we tucked the end of the grobag under the mattress at the bottom of the cot so he couldn't really turn all the way across. My husband thought it was really awful as we were 'restricting his freedom' but I needed to sleep We then untucked the bottom when he was around 8 months and could sort himself out. Baby is 23 months old now and has done fine so I'd do it again!!! Hope this helps..

Matty is offline Registered User
    I second the idea of tucking the grobag under the matress so they can't roll, that's what we did and it worked beautifully.

A friend of mine also used large nappy pins to directly pin the grobag to the mattress as her grobags weren't long enough to tuck.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your really kind offer Spockey. We'll be in Oz in a couple of weeks so will get it then.

We put him into a grobag last night and it stopped the rolling but he still woke three times and was ready to party at 4.30am!

spockey is offline Registered User
    Aussiegal, FYI if you are returning to Sydney, we got ours from Babies Galore at Chatswood.

Vix
    Vix is offline Registered User
    Aussiegal,

We have a 5 month old with exactly the same problem. I bought a 'sleep positioner' from Eugene, which does the same thing as pillows or rolled-up towels, but feels safer. It stops him from rolling but he often wakes because he's trying to roll in his sleep and the frustration of not being able to, wakes him !

It has improved things a little for us, so might be worth a go.

Vix

DoraT is offline Registered User
    Babies who are fond of sleeping on their tummies usually have breathing problems as a cause.
    Try to check if he snores, breathes through the mouth, falks a lot.. He could be rolling over to overcome a blocked airway.
    My little one used to be like yours. And my ped finished off my problem with simple nose sprays!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12