Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

want to buy a good rug

aussiegal is offline Registered User

want to buy a good rug

Can anyone refer a company that makes good wool rugs at a fair price. thanks.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i think the problem you will find is "fair price". I have had some quotes from places on Queens Road East like New Bedfor Interiors and they came in at 20,000 HKD plus for the size that I need. Its quite a bit more than I was hoping to spend.

I am in the process of getting a quote from Kenny at Carpet Concerto (www.carpet-concerto.com) and I am crossing my fingers that he comes in cheaper.

Good luck!

sky123 is offline Registered User
    Tai Ping in Prince's Building do rugs. Don't know abou the fair price though.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I agree with both of you. Aussiemum if you're like me you're looking at aussie or new zealand wool which they pay a lot extra to bring into the country. $20 000 was what i've been quoted too, a lot of money for a rug that will probably be ruined by our kids. Anyway, let me know if you come across anything cheaper.

Matty is offline Registered User
    If you're travelling back to Oz anytime soon, I found it was cheaper to buy back there and have it shipped over.

Sumei is offline Registered User
    hi,

we had a large cream carpet (appx. 10 ft by 9 ft) custom made for our living room when my #1 started crawling 2 and a half years ago and Tai Ping carpets quoted me in the region of $25k, as you said alot of money for something that your kids are going to trash in no time! (esp when they start potty training) I eventually had a cream NZ wool rug (same dimensions) custom made from GOD in Causeway Bay for about HK$4.5k, while the quality is not as superior as the Tai Ping carpet one, it does the trick for us! Hoep that helps!

Scroll to top