Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Schooling from Park Island/Ma Wan

peekaboo is offline Registered User

Schooling from Park Island/Ma Wan

hi mommies & daddies

i need your help again....

i might move to park island next year. what makes me most concerned is my girl's schooling. recently, i've studies/searched for suitable kindergartens & have shortlisted three schools in taipo and i like them very much. now i have to decide whether to stay in taipo for my girl or to move to park island to pursue new environment and schooling there. then, i have to start searching shools from the beginning. now i knock on the door to seek yr opinions/life experience, which i believe is the best way i can get useful infos. my primary quesitons are as follows:

1. is it convenient place for a kid in terms of shooling (i means kindergartens).
    2. usually which kindergartens mommies and daddies send their kids to (appreciate that if you name it)
    3. any educational facilities (learning piano/ballet/painting etc)
    4. active playgrouping
    5. so on....

thanks alot!!

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Hi Peekaboo,

I live on Park Island and will try to answer you as much as possible. There is a kindergarten in Park Island. Creative Kindergarten. From what I've been hearing from people, it seems to be a good kindy. Some of the kids go to Tsingyi ESF or Learning Habitat in Tsingyi.

There are playgroups, piano lessons and ballets lessons that are conducted by Park Island clubs. As far as I can remember from the brochures, there are classes in English and Chinese.

There's lots of play area as well. Hmm...Not sure what else, you would like to know. We might be having a child next year and we don't think we'll move from Park Island as we think that it is child friendly here. Kids ride their bikes and play on their own downstairs. We need it is a safe place. Only drawback, it can be inconvenient at times.

peekaboo is offline Registered User
    many thnaks sunniefaith! you've answered all i wanted to know. am pretty comfortable with new environment there but still deciding............one thing i am sure that it will be fine everywhere as you mommies are there

have a good weekend!!!

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    peekaboo,

I'm pretty sure that there are lots of mummies around. I do see more and more expats coming around viewing at apartments. Have you viewed an apartment here? I'm not a mommy yet. We're adopting and hopefully by next June, we'll have a kid.

Have a good weekend too!