Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

UK visa for New Helper

Ali71 is offline Banned

UK visa for New Helper

`I would like to take my helper with me to the UK in February but she has only worked for me for 5 months; I remember someone saying that you can't get a visa for your helper unless they have worked for you for a year. I can't get through to the UK consulate and the website link won't work. Does anyone know if it has to be 1 year?

aussiegal is offline Registered User

I don't konw about he UK but we got a US visa for our helper and she'd only been with us 5 months. Write a good supporting letter saying your helper is part of your family and you need her etc. They'll also want to know that she has a reason to return, i.e. a family to support. Good luck.

Wishing Tree is offline Registered User

UK Visa

We were in the same situation about 2 years ago and the British consulate was overbearingly strict about the rules and regulations. My helper would have worked with us for almost one year by the time we departed for London, but unfortunately, it had to be at least one year. The consulate may have relaxed things since then, though I do doubt it, quite honstely.

ashlea is offline Registered User

We applied a couple of months ago and were told no way. So sorry no relaxation yet.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Wow, that's really tough. We just got a visa for Australia for a new helper who has literally been with us for two days. I guess no one runs away in Australia!

rani is offline Administrator

Heard of 3 helpers disappearing this past summer while on holiday in the UK.

mum of 2 is offline Registered User

We tried to get a visa for our helper this year. She would have been with us for 10 months at the date of travel. We had bought her ticket, given proof that we would pay for her etc etc. The people at the Consulate could not have been more understanding, but said that their hands were tied and that they had no discretion over the new rules.