Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

pros of having 2 sons/boys

mk29 is offline Registered User
    hong kong

pros of having 2 sons/boys

Hi all,
    this is my first posting here although I have been browsing this site passively.
    I am a 29 yr old Indian and am having a 5yr old boy. I am pregnant with my second one and very much wishing/expecting to have a gal. This will be my last pregnancy. I guess it is better to be mentallly prepared to accept either sex.
    So, if anyone out here in this forum having 2 boys and enjoying with them, I would be really happy to hear some positive replies about having 2 sons...sort of counselling...because I want to be fully prepared if it is going to be a son plss!

fee is offline Registered User
    Tai Po, Hong Kong

two boys

I have two boys (no girls) and I love it. The boys are best of friends most of the time, although they can be worst of enemies too! I really think boys need brothers. I know we don't get to choose but I am really happy to have two of the same. They are both into the same toys (cars and trains) and all the beautiful clothes I have bought for the older child get to be worn again by the younger one. My husband also loves having two sons. While I think it would be nice to have a daughter I don't ever wish one of my boys was a girl.

Either way I think you will be happy, even if you need to overcome a little disappointment when you first find out.

capital is offline Banned
    I have 2 boys.

I always wanted at least one girl before i had children and i thought that i wouldn't care what the first one was, but if it was a boy the second pregnancy I would find out the gender so I would be over any disappointment before the baby was born.

It didn't turn out that way at all.

My first pregnancy I was convinced I was having a girl, and everyone told me I was having a girl and I really wanted to believe it (I didn't find out the gender from U/S, this was just my own thinking).

I had a boy. When they said you have a boy I said I am so suprised I thought it would be a girl. We didn't have a boys name, I call the baby "baby" for a bit when my mom called the baby his name is sounded so strange to me because for so long I had thought of the baby as the girls name we picked out. Soon I was calling the Baby Chosen boys name. I would never have admitted it at the time, but I was idsappointed on some level and mourned my lack of a daughter, and that I would ever have a daughter. I can admitted it now that it has been almost 4 years. I certainly didn't love my son any less, but it does take a bit of time to wrap your head around it, when you have so throughly convinced yourself of one thing.

The second pregnancy I was not so set one way or the other, but thought it likely we would have a boy. When they said its a boy I was so happy because we couldn't agree on a girls name this time, and now we wouldn't have to. I was also happy that my other son would have a brother. I honestly believe that it is my destiny to only have boys. When I look at my husbands family there are a lot more boys than girls. If we do have another child and it was a girl I would be very shocked!!!

I don't mind it now, but I think as they boys get older I will miss certain things like shopping with a daughter. (but some daughters hate shopping with there mothers), picking out a graduation dress, wedding dress, those special things things that you only do with a daughter. I think on some level it is easier to have a son-in-law than daughter in laws, especially when you become a grandmother. You can speak freely with a daughter, not so much with a daughter-in-law. I know I will niss htose things and it is normal to mourn that a bit.

The good things about having boys, 2 boys are so rough and tumble. It is fun to watch how they interact. I think there will be less drama with friends as they get older. Girls are so mean to each other when they are 12-13 years old, and I will missall the mother daughter emotional intensity of puberty. Sure boys go through that as well, but I think there is more drama when you are a teen from mom to daughter and son to father. I remember how much I hated my mom when I was 13-14 years old! The differnce between my mom and me and me and my children is that because I started later I will probably go through menopause at the same time a daughter goezs through puberty, probably not an easy thing.

I think what ever you get in life, you just learn to adapt and soon it will feel right, like this is what was ment to be.

mk29 is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    Wow, thanks for such a quick reply and detailed one....Thanks for all your thoughts on having 2 boys...I know it will take some time for me to get over the disappointment,but your messages will sure help me to get over it quite soon...thanks...

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I think it's nice to keep some perspective. We are just lucky to have kids. They are not our god given right, they are a gift. Many people try for years to have children, sometimes not succeeding. I'm sure any one of them would say they'd rather have two boys than nothing at all.

Personally, I have two boys 16 months apart and love it. I love the thought of them growing up together best friends. Going to the same school and looking out for each other. I love not having to understand how girls work and frankly, I'm not sure I'd cope with a girl. Times have changed and girls today mature so quickly. They go through puberty earlier, they have sex earlier and at a much younger age they realise that being attractive and sexy gets them ahead. I don't know how i would manage to make them understand they are more than their looks, more than their body when in reality, that IS how you are judged. It's a complex world for girls, more so than for men i believe so count yourself lucky!

turtle is offline Registered User
    Please, please, please don't be dissapointed! I know so many people who would love to have children but cannot. I have been lucky enough to have one and have since had three miscarriages... I would dearly love to have another child. As long as they are healthy please just enjoy the gifts you have been given!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    All children are blessings and they are all different in both positive and negative ways. Some boys will have "girl-type" issues and some girls will have "boy-type issues".
    In general though, boys are more of a physical hassle, girls a mental one. As others have mentioned, boys will be rough and tumble whilst girls will have their emotional/drama moments and mind games.
    Just read about a study that said stressed mothers-to-be tend to produce girls. So, go out and find some (more?) stress.

kara23 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong South
    I also have 2 boys and like mk29, they are 5 yrs apart. When I was pregnant with my 2nd one, I was convinced I was having a girl and i did so wanted a girl badly. I even studied the book "How to choose the gender of your baby" religiously, and lectured my hubby about what he had to do!! of course I was disappointed when it turned out to be a boy but now I would not change him for anything! He is such an active and rough toddler that it would be a real problem if I really had a girl with those characteristics. My boys fight all the time (actually the little one bullies his bro) and it is so sweet to see the older one always giving in and being so loving. I absolutely love them to bits.
    I would still love to have a girl, but I don't think I want to put myself through the anticipation and later disappointment again. Who knows, maybe I will get pregnant accidentally and it will be a girl?!