Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Help! Baby refuses to drink milk

StareBear is offline Registered User
    Tai Tam
    Maybe use the dummy to space the feeds for a couple of days? I got in this downward spiral of constantly offering the bottle so of course she only took 20mls every time. Once I stopped offering all the time, she was hungrier when I did offer it. On average she takes a total of 320-350mls out of her three bottle feeds a day. with two breast feeds and sneaking milk into her meals I figure she is getting enough. My baby is very alert and active for her age so although she is skinny, I can tell she is healthy. Trust your gut on this one. Good luck for the weigh in!

Little fish is offline Registered User
    hi babychino, like wat starebear hd said dont worry, u r nt alone cos my frenz also hv same problem too... her bb refuse to drink milk til 1yr old but after tt she started to drink too n vy healthy nw n she coming to 3yrs old nw.
    so good luck ya!

babychino is offline Registered User
    thanks everyone for your reassurance. i feel much better! and the weigh in today showed some results - he gained 130grams!! not all news was good though - his platelets from his blood test was a bit high. we also have a referral to a pediatrician to look at the weight, feeding and platelets. and for some miraculous reason, the last 2 feeds have much better!!

i just hope this keeps up! i betcha when we see the pediatrician, his feeds will probably good just so we don't have any complaints!! hahaha... i'm much less stressed now... thanks everyone :)

mina is offline Registered User
    Hi. I have deciced to write here becouse I have tha same problem as many mothers here. My son is 3 and a half moths old and he is refusing to drink milk for over a month. I can only feed him while he is sleeaping and when he is awake, he is refusing the bottle. I took him to the doctors, and thay don't know whay is wrong with him. One doctor eaven said that my son has infantile anokeksia but I think that he has silent reflux. Some doctors eaven said that some children are like that and that it is normal for some children to be sleep fed, and that I shoul star introducing solids when he turns 4 months. Im desperate, and also I started thinking that I could give him medications my self, but in my country Zanatac and other medications for infants can not be found. :(

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567