Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Change of Helper - immigration formalities

SHJ
    SHJ is offline Registered User

Change of Helper - immigration formalities

Hi, I am changing my helper in Feb,08. My current helper finishes in Feb and i want to make sure the new one starts at the same time without any break. I need help on these: 1) What is the helpers last date - is it the date on the contract or the date on the visa (which is later than the contract date)
    2) how many days before the contract finish date do i need to release my current helper
    3) how many days before her finish date do i need to start the immigration formalities for the new helper

Please help urgently

revolah is offline Registered User
    SHJ,

Heres are the answers to your queries based on facts and own experiences.
    1. the last date of the employment of your helper is date of the visa marked on her passport. Many were confuse basing it when they signed the contract.
    2.as u said u did not want to break and let her finish the contract then u can let her go on her last day of visa. But unless there are some holidays of her which she had not yet taken,u and your helper can make an agreement that she can leave on a certain day but you should still write on her referrral letter as the immigration will ask for this to her and on your part too for hiring new one. The letter should both state the SAME DATE of your helper last day of work. For you yourself will make a supporting letter to your new prospect helper to be presented to the Immigration.

revolah is offline Registered User
    3. if u are hiring someone whose contract will finish on feb. and whose already here then u can start with the processing next month.But if u will be hiring overseas, u can start now ,say like in the Philippines, a helper still need to have some training/seminar.

Goodluck! Hope I was able to help.

SHJ
    SHJ is offline Registered User
    Thanks revolah, it did help a lot. I am hiring someone who is here in HK and finishing around the same time (coincidentally) So i repsume i can satrt the process in Jan and should be ok.