Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Parents giving up adopted child

Leeah's mom is offline Registered User

yeah

I read other news articles just now (updated one I guess)
    It says she was abandoned a year ago and HongKong government takes care of her until now and looking for a new family.
    I am not sure whether they actually left HongKong, but they don't care about her definitely. She has been staying at the orphange since ( alomost a year) and attending the local school.
    that's why she's speaking cantonese.

She doesn't have the dutch citizenship because they didn't apply for her , but she has the korean citizenship though.

Some say that they got pregnant with their own child in hongkong so that's the reason why they abandoned her.
    the Dutch diplomat said " it's a personal matter " and he also insists they had the problem of different culture since she was adopted. "

But the thing is if they had the problem from the start, why didn they do that after 7 years??? 7 years is a very long time. And you know she was only 4 months. I just don't get it!!!!
    THey should have considered all those problems before deciding to adopt an asian girl!!
    Last edited by Leeah's mom; 12-11-2007 at 10:55 PM.

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeah's mom View Post
    I read other news articles just now (updated one I guess)
    It says she was abandoned a year ago and HongKong government takes care of her until now and looking for a new family.
    I am not sure whether they actually left HongKong, but they don't care about her definitely. She has been staying at the orphange since ( alomost a year) and attending the local school.
    that's why she's speaking cantonese.

She doesn't have the dutch citizenship because they didn't apply for her , but she has the korean citizenship though.

Some say that they got pregnant with their own child in hongkong so that's the reason why they abandoned her.
    the Dutch diplomat said " it's a personal matter " and he also insists they had the problem of different culture since she was adopted. "

But the thing is if they had the problem from the start, why didn't they do that earlier???? THey should have considered all those problems before deciding to adopt an asian girl!!
    Precisely my point! Adopt the child just because they think that they are childless and then give up when their biological kids came along. These people really disgust me! They have been with the kid for like 5 or 6 years and obviously they purposefully spoke English to her only and Dutch amongst themselves because they don't want her to be part of their family. And with food? This is rubbish! I strongly believe that they just gave up the child because they hit a snag in their family life and are not willing to work through it.

I sincerely hope that this little girl will find another nice family and will work out her issues and make her feel love. Poor girl!

Leeah's mom is offline Registered User

me too.

I just hope she finds a new good family soon. a poor girl.
    I feel really sorry for her.

In the article it said that since she only knows English and catonese, it will be hard for her to go back to s. Korea. so she needs to find a family who lives in Hongkong. But she can't go to just korean families. She will get a shock because of different culture since she was raised by the western families.

I don't know why things are so difficult. And I cannot believe how this kind of thing happened. It's just unbelievable.

carang is offline Registered User
    i can't imagine what that poor girl must think! talk about poor self-esteem, if your own parents dont' even want you.

capital is offline Banned
    This story is disgusting! When I read the headline I thought it was going to be a case where the family had some problems, hard times where all the children would be better off not in their care. This family is clearly well to do.
    She is not of their culture??!!! She is not racially or genetically of their family, but culture has everything to do with environment and nothing to do with genetics. I could see this being an issue if you adopted an older child, but at 4 months of age, their culture is all that child has ever known.If she likes different food and speaks differently it is their own fault. I don't know how that is even possible unless they have kept her separate form the rest of the family. Do the other children like different food and speak differently? I hope this has lots of media attention in the netherlands.

Neha is offline Banned
    What I dont understand is if the couple adopted her legally in korea , How can they just abandon her. She must have their last name. I think it is crime and they should be persecuted.

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Imagine the trauma this kid is going through! Her biological parents have already given her up and when she thinks that she has found another family and they give her up? What is this going to do to her emotionally? Hope this will really making people who are thinking of adopting to really think through before adopting a child.

Sorry, this gets to me a lot because we are planning to adopt a child. Really can't believe this people!
    Last edited by sunniefaith; 12-12-2007 at 10:03 AM. Reason: errors

carang is offline Registered User
    and if you read the article...the "father" says..."my poor wife... it's been really hard on her!"

no mention at all of the poor little thing caught up in their little web of self-centredness!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast