Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Parents giving up adopted child

Neha is offline Banned
    surprising it took them 7 years to realise that the adoption went wrong. How slow are they? Adoption is not like buying things if u dont like it u can exchange or return it. Horrible people. May they rot in hell for hurting a child

rina15 is offline Banned
    Hello,
    I speak Dutch and I read Dutch papers. Here is a link to an article with the name and the photo of this diplomat and his wife:
    http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/2...erpkind__.html
    He is not anonymous in Dutch papers, and most Dutch people are raging and say that he now has no right to represent their country. He is actually of Indonesian origin and his wife is Dutch - so, I wonder what food do they call theirs?
    If you do search on his name in Google, you even find his email address. I emailed him to tell how disgusted I was, and received an automated reply that he is off work till January 2008.

rina15 is offline Banned
    A couple of years ago there was a case like with with an Irish family returning their Indonesian son to an orphanage after 2 years because they got child of their own. Irish child welfare organisations took up his case and went to court, and the judge decided that the child can keep his Irish passport and that the "parents" should pay him big maintenance monthly till the age of 18! He now lives with his biological mother. See here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_Dowse
    I think something like this should be done for this girl too. Can some organisation in HK take this case on?

Neha is offline Banned
    good work rina15 ! very resourceful. we should all send them emails

Rosanna is offline Registered User
    Adopting and than giving up? what type of conscience these guys have? and they had to wait for 7 years to decide to abandone her. Were they waiting for a 7 year itch or something. I agree with spockey a child of 4months doesn't know a thing to have such differences.
    Well If the mother is suffering post-natal depression then why not give up the other children also. How does abandoning only her makes a difference for the them? This is all simply bogus.
    Rosanna & Aditya

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    I am so sad for the girl! I know it is not nice but hope what goes around comes around. Hope this couple rot in hell!

I just did a search on google. An article came up about how the couple hosted a party in 2005. The article mentioned the son and wife but nothing about the daughter even back then. I am wondering if they ever treated her as family? http://www.occlub.org/occ/activities...ro/ny_2005.htm

Feel so angry! I will definitely write to the consulate too!
    Last edited by mrs momo; 12-12-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Ali71 is offline Banned
    The more i hear the more angry I get - sure we don't know the full story and newspapers do sensationalise facts to get readers but it seems the facts in the case are so outrageous that a journalist wouldn't make them all up. I think the parents should be investigated for criminal neglect - although I wouldn't want 2 more children to suffer. The whole thing is very strange - there must be more to it.
    Happily I do know a number of adopted children, both western and asian who are as part of their families as a biological child, it can work, and we mustn't let this story put others off.

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rina15 View Post
    A couple of years ago there was a case like with with an Irish family returning their Indonesian son to an orphanage after 2 years because they got child of their own. Irish child welfare organisations took up his case and went to court, and the judge decided that the child can keep his Irish passport and that the "parents" should pay him big maintenance monthly till the age of 18! He now lives with his biological mother. See here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_Dowse
    I think something like this should be done for this girl too. Can some organisation in HK take this case on?
    I wonder can something like this be done for the poor kid? Or how can we go about helping this kid? These people who adopted this child, I really hope that have a damn good reason for giving up this poor kid. A damn good reason!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast