Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

shock!

jo123 is offline Registered User

shock!

ok
    feeling happy, confused....lil bit of everythiing!
    just found out i am pregnant
    lving in hong kong from australia
    boyf and i have been together 10months
    i dont think financially he could support me and a baby, so then it should be back to australia and try to arrange a visa for him (he is a local) does anyone know how easy/difficult this process is?
    of course this hasnt been planned
    but this part of big part of your life never really can be planned right?
    everything happens for a reason i think
    wow
    feeling so overwhelmed
    any points of view and advice
    are huuuugely appreciated

louisouis is offline Registered User
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I think everyone feels overwhelmed whether they had planned their pregnancy or not, so not to worry. I have also answered your post about Dr. Catherine Cheung, I am her patient and was recommended by my colleagues. I am also foreign to this country although I have been here for nearly 3 years, the pregnancy process and the cultural differences here do make it amusing and challenging at times. Take care!

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! Secondly, please, please do not rush into making any decisions. Having a child is a huge life-changing experience and is both (very) rewarding and (very) challenging. How does your boyfriend feel about the pregnancy? Just take your time and think carefully.

CK
    Last edited by CelticKiwi; 12-14-2007 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Incorrect spelling

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm an aussie too. Not sure how easy / hard it is for your bf to get a visa to stay in Australia - maybe you should contact the Australian Embassy and equire about the process.

http://www.hongkong.china.embassy.gov.au/

My sister in law is married to an Indonesian and I know they find it hard to get him visa's to just visit Australia on holidays (they live in Indonesia). I'm sure Hong Kong is different to Indonesia, but just highlighting that they do make it tough for some countries.

Good Luck with everything.

jo123 is offline Registered User
    thanks so much for your advice....feeling a lot less alone!
    Am now considering having the baby back in Australia and coming back to Hong Kong. Then we can take our time in the visa process. so much to think about! Looking forward to talking to my mum :)