Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Philips Baby monitor

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User

Tomy baby monitor

Hi Portia,

I have EXACTLY the same experience as you did. My Tomy monitor gets disconnected suddenly in the middle of the nite all the time. And supposedly, when I shut it off (the mother unit) and restart again, it will search the signal automatically, so I don't need to go to my daughter's room to reset her side. However, that's not the case very often and that's very annoying. I actually contacted the Tomy office and exchanged the unit 3 times already, but it still happens, I guess this model really has problem!!!! May I ask how big is your flat? Mine is about 2000 sq ft, and I am not sure if that affects the connection.

So how's the Angelcare monitor? Are you happy w/ it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    If you can, you should try the monitor before you buy it. Bumps to Babes will let you exchange it if it doesn't work in your flat. I tried the Tomy Platinum which had fantastic sound quality (could hear the baby breathing), but in our flat the connection kept breaking and you would have to go into the baby's room to reset the baby unit and then the parent unit. Quite annoying when the connection breaks several times in the middle of the night and you have to get up to reset it each time! In the end, we bought the Angelcare monitor.

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User
    I've searched on the web and seems like the Philips one has good reputation. But if you buy from UK, is the power unit the same as in HK? If so, maybe I should get one from UK too. Pls advise. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    I have the Philips Dect digital SCD488 monitor and it has proved an invaluable purchase. The sound quality is excellent compared to my previous analogue monitor. I paid £45.99 (700HKD$) from Boots.com last August which includes 20% discount promo and £10.00 off voucher.

Speculator is offline Registered User
    reading from AC/DC adaptor.

Input: 230V 50Hz 50mA.
    Output: 9VDC 300mA

I am using it in the UK but I think this should be fine for HK.

Its on sale at Boots for £62.49 and there is a £10 discount voucher floating about. (voucher code SJMA36)

Boots don't ship to HK so your best bet is to ask a relative or friend to airmail it to HK.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...tionid=1048164
    Last edited by Speculator; 02-02-2008 at 08:33 AM.

ookiinome is offline Registered User
    i m using one with both sound & view. reception is very good. no interference as well cos it's a digital one.

i found it in baby expo. it's called momsee. the co. contact is 2555-1830.

i guess it's made in Korea? cos the package is in Korean...

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    The Philips Digital monitor is now in B2B. I bought mine from the UK back in March when it wasn't available in HK but saw them in B2B the other week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12