Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Do you think I am pregnant??

peekaboo is offline Registered User
    Tai Po

Talking Do you think I am pregnant??

Not sure although the urine test is positive and a General Dr. confirmed that I am pregnant. Do you know why?

Another Dr. told me that I may not be becuase I have just weaned brestfeeding my 1st baby. Actually, I stopped it a week ago as I felt that I was pregnant. The horman may still exist and show in the urine test (????true??)

Also, 10 days ago, I visited an obstetrician to confirm my pregnancy but, how embarrass that time, I was not. That time, the self urine test was positive so I was sure. But by some reason, Dr. told me I was not pregnant. He scanned and can't find anything and also did urine test but negative???

10 days later, I was feeling so painful on my abdomen and feeling nausea and chilly. So I saw a general dr. and she confirm that I am pregnant based on the urine test.

But I am not sure.....and don't want to go to the obstetrician as I am a bit scare i am not pregnant this time too and don't want to be embarrassed again...........

What do you think???? Hope it is.........this time.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    my best friend was breastfeeding her then 7 month old baby when she got pregnant again.

no need to be embarassed, sometimes even urine tests do not reflect a positive result because it may be too early or HCG hormone is not high enough to be detected yet. With my first pregnancy, it was on the third urine test that I confirmed pregnancy.

good luck!

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Dongguan China
    maybe try a blood test?

joannek is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    yeah, my obgyn always only trust blood tests. if there's HcG in your blood, then you're pregnant, no?

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    If your body is showing HCG then you are pregnant.

The concern is that you may have an ectopic, especially if you are having pain.

I had an ectopic and 3 different dr's and 4 ultrasounds showed nothing.
    A blood test confirmed that even though my HCG numbers were low I was still pregnant.
    My private Dr could see nothing, and after being admitted to QMH in agony, the Dr's there could see nothing.
    Only surgery confirmed I had a ruptured fallopian tube.

I don't mean to scare you but it's better to find out for sure.
    A blood test will confirm if your HCG levels are zero.

capital is offline Banned
    I agree with the other posts, perhaps it was the sensitivity of the tests, a blood test will confirm without a doubt. HCG is only present in the first part of pregnancy. It has nothing to do with breastfeeding. Entirely different hormones. If you took a pee stick test when you were 9 months pregnant itwould be negative even tough you are pregnant because thehcg level would be so low. The doctor who advised that it could positive because you weaned recently is 100% incorrect.

tet is offline Registered User
    Tung Chung, HK
    If you feel something is not usual with your body (pain, nausea, chills, etc) then have yourself checked. Maybe ask for an HCG test to determine the level.

nyonya35 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    You definetely have to have it checked. It could easily be ectopic pregnancy (hope not), in which case the sooner you will find out the better. Go to another doctor if this one make you feel uncomfortable.