Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ESF kinder acceptance letter

carang is offline Registered User

just a question, not nasty in intent...

why would you apply to a school if you didn't want your child to go to it?

seems to me that you are taking a place that someone else would cherish. (kind of like the pregnant women registered at more than one private hospital.)

rani is offline Administrator

The thing about ESF Kindy they don't do Open Days. Only after you've been accepted, you're invited for a school tour. Then you pay the deposit. So you really don't have a choice but to apply.

barbiegirl is offline Registered User

Cara, as Rani has said, we have to apply for this kindy to gain a chance for a school tour, then we can find out more about it. We don't mean to hold many places, actually, other than my LO's current prenursery school, we only applied for ESF kindy as another choice.

Rani, thanks alot for your feedback. We had already accepted their offer before CNY. We did have some doubts after the tour, but we gained confidence after gathering some positive comments from some parents. So we're now looking forward for our LO's turn in the coming Sept, hope she will love this kindy we've choosen for her.

carang is offline Registered User

thanks, i didn't realise that they wouldn't let you look around until you had applied... seems kind of backwards to me.

like i said, i wasn't being nasty, just truly curious. my boy is now 3 and we are seriously debating whether we want him to go to kindergarten yet or not. so the information is very helpful!

thanks!

DisneyBaby is offline Registered User

Hi to all of you,

I know this is not directly relevant to this thread, so please bear with me...

I would very much like to buy some used (second-hand) ESF Kindergarten uniforms (for a boy) and also the schoolbag/bookbag and baseball cap. I don't want to buy them new as my child would probably be there only for a while. If any of you would like to sell these items to me, please leave me a message.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by DisneyBaby; 07-02-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo

rani is offline Administrator

DisneyBaby - I sold ours last year. Have asked a couple of friends if they still have theres.

simoneb is offline Registered User

Hi Barbiegirl, Only came upon this thread now. Just wanted to let you know that our son will also be starting Kinder at ESF next week :) Which class will you LO be going to?

kiwiinoz is offline Registered User

My daughter started at ESF SW K2 this afternoon and loved it.
    It is open plan, lots of activities, and the kids do have free play, however the teachers are very observant and when they feel a child has had too much time in one area, they persuade them to move on to a new activity. They also encouraged all the kids to have snack time and the kids seemed to enjoy sitting in groups and snacking in between activities. The kids had lots of teaching support, and my daughter who is shy by nature asked me to 'go away mummy' less than 1/2 way through the school day. I was quite impressed by the attention taken to the kids, and the buddy system they put in place to make my daughter and the other new K2'ers feel welcome. My daughter hasn't wanted to get out of her uniform all afternoon, and can't wait to go back tomorrow... so I'm taking this as a good sign.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123