Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Children friendly places in Macau

SSL
    SSL is offline Registered User

Children friendly places in Macau

We are spending a night at the Venetian Hotel in Macau with our two kids aged 3.5 and 1.5 next week. Are there any must-go attractions for toddlers and preschoolers in Macau? Any restaurants that are kids-friendly? Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Hi...we are also staying at Venetian over New Years. I'm not sure about restaurants, but I hear Fisherman's Wharf is supposed to be GREAT. I also heard Macau Towers is nice too! We are definitely doing Fisherman's Wharf!

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Me & my hubby took our 3yr. old son to Macau recently, and also stayed at Venetian for one night. The rooms are v. big w/ TWO T.V.s! One in the bedroom area and one in the sitting area. Walking around the hotel will keep you busy for a few hrs. esp. w/ kids since it is so big. The Venetian deco is v. nice and provides lots of scenic backdrops for photos. There's quite a few rests. there to choose from plus a food court. We chose a Portugese rest. but there was a few smokers outside where we sat which was the downside, and we couldn't sit inside since it was fully booked for a party.

We went to Fisherman's Wharf the next day. You can get there by a free bus service from the hotel to Sand's Hotel. Fisherman's Wharf is across the road. We had a v.nice time here too. There is a train ride for kids and some other attractions but unfortunatley we couldn't see all of it since we had to leave Macau after lunch. Again, we had a lovely meal at a Portugese rest. The ferry terminal is only 5-10mins walk from Fisherman's Wharf. So it was a good way to end the trip to Macau. Would definitely recommend the Venetian and Fisherman's Wharf as the place to visit in Macau! Enjoy your trip!

thanks you e-mum! just wanted to ask you a quick question...was it difficult to get a taxi from venetian? and how long did you have to wait for the shuttle bus? i heard bad reviews of the hotel regarding hour long waits for check in and taxi lines.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    venetian can be full of people especially during weekends. they have shuttle buses to take and drop of people from almost all the key parts of the city. lines weren't as bad as coordination is very good and shuttles come very often, and they have a lot too.

check in/out can be a pain though. hubby has had to line up for 45 minutes almost! a horror really considering what you pay for. but overall, worth the trip. my son truly enjoyed it.

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by nanzbier View Post
    thanks you e-mum! just wanted to ask you a quick question...was it difficult to get a taxi from venetian? and how long did you have to wait for the shuttle bus? i heard bad reviews of the hotel regarding hour long waits for check in and taxi lines.
    We didn't use any taxi service from the hotel so, I can't tell you if it was difficult to get a taxi or not. We waited about 5-10mins for the shuttle bus service to Sand's Hotel. When we checked-in there wasn't a long queue. When we checked-out we had to wait about 20mins. I know some people were't prepared to wait when they saw the long queue and requested an express check-out whereby, they filled in a card w/ all their details and dropped it in a check-out box that was next to the check-out queue.

BTW, I visited the Venetian during the week days and it was still quite busy.

thank you so much for your replies!