Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

help! need to find similar formula in Canada

mambo is offline Registered User

help! need to find similar formula in Canada

I've been using a japanese formula 'Beanstalk' for my baby. However, I'm in Canada now and am anticipating that I may not have brought enough....does anyone know of a similar formula that I can use here that is similar to this brand? I can't read the contents of the can since it's in Japanese so please advise. Thanks!

joannek is offline Registered User

how old is your baby?

mambo is offline Registered User

My baby will be turning 6 months on Jan 3rd. I've seen some formulas that change at 6months here ie Enfamil.
    But then there are ones that go from birth to 12months. The japanese brand 'beanstalk' goes from 0-9mos. Which formula should I be choosing and does it really matter?

capital is offline Banned

In Canada the 0-6 and 6-12 cans are just a marketing ploy. The the nutritionists at the health unit where I work recommend to only use the 0-6 cans up to one year as the 6-12 have less nutritive. It is purely marketing. I am only guessing from the name but is beanstalk a soy based milk? In canada most peole use cows milk based, but you can get soy under the name prosobee and isomil, I forget to name. All formula's sold meet the same standards, so you can be assured it is all safe and nutritious. Popular ones are enfamil (enfalac) good start (nestle) and similac (can't remember who makes it) those all come in DHA/RHA versions as well, most have switched over and probably hard to find the ones without the DHA/RHA now. you can also buy presidents chioce, parents choice, and other staore brands as well.