Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommendation for Paediatrician in HK?

Becca is offline Registered User
    HK Island

Recommendation for Paediatrician in HK?

I've just moved to HK from London with my 19mth old son.
    Appreciate if anyone could recommend any paediatrician in the Central/Midlevels/Peak area.

Also, any tips on which hospital to go for emergencies? My son has a history of frequent high fevers and severe vomitting and want to be prepared in an unfamiliar city for any late night visits to ER!!

Thanks in advance!

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    Midlevels/peak area would probably be Matilda for emergencies. I also have Dr Richard Chiu from Mailtida as my paediatrician and he has a clinic in Central. Personally I find Canossa more convenient for Mid level dwellers but they do not have a paediatrician on board for emergencies

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    We go to Canossa for emergencies. The out-patient clinic is 24 hrs. Our Paed is Dannie Ting and she is affiliated with the hospital. If the emergency is in the middle of the night the resident Dr will stabilize the child and the Paed is called first thing in the morning/

joannek is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    ped i recommend dr. thondup, in central area. canossa is quite good for emergencies, but i don't know if dr. thondup goes there.

rani, is dannie ting a lady or men? does she/he prescribe cough syrups for coughs?

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    Dr. Dannie Ting is a lady, and she does prescribe cough syrup for coughs, but she is not very into giving her little patients a lot of medicine. When my daughter goes to see her for mild cold or cough, she normally tells me that it's better if my daughter rely on her own immune system and only to give her the meds if it's getting bad.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    i like Dr Dannie Ting a lot too. She has a way that makes you feel comforted/confident and does not do the "panic attack" route. She is also very much into letting a child fight common symptoms with rest, juice and their immune system.

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    We go to Dannie Ting also . She is pretty good. She avoids giving Antibiotic unless it is very necessary.

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User

if you want the best

doctor barbara lam, who was the consultant in charge of the nicu units and the special care baby units of queen mary hospital and tsan yuk hospital from 1994 to 2007, recently started her own clinic in central.

she is a brilliant doctor and credited with diagnosing many illnesses, virsuses and cramps and saving many lives. and she is very good on the day to day stuff as well. i took my three y.o to her the other day and got an assessment right there on the spot, free of charge.

she is excellent.

suite 1318
    1 pedder street central

[email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast