Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Fruits and juice

marvelcl is offline Registered User

Fruits and juice

My baby doesn't like juice and fruits. My friend introduced me to give her dried fruits instead. Anyone tried this before, does you baby want dried fruits?

This is the one which my fd introduced to me, she said her daughter ate apples from 6 months!

http://www.aznat-products.com/produc...y-redapple.htm

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I wouldn't worry too much as fruit contains so much sugar it's not great for kids and particularly not good for their teeth. My two year old only drinks water and only eats a bit of fruit. Hopefully he'll more fruit as he gets older but he loves his vegies so i'm not worried.
    Dried fruit has lots of sugar so if you give your child any I'd make sure it was only a little bit.

marvelcl is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much as fruit contains so much sugar it's not great for kids and particularly not good for their teeth. My two year old only drinks water and only eats a bit of fruit. Hopefully he'll more fruit as he gets older but he loves his vegies so i'm not worried.
    Dried fruit has lots of sugar so if you give your child any I'd make sure it was only a little bit.
    I want my daughter to eat fruits cause for intake of Vit. C. She is very choosy. She only likes sweet apples but now she even refused to eat! Sometimes she even doesn't want much water as well! I really feel worry. :(

I want to try dried fruit cause it doesn't contain any sugar or salt. I will try and hope that she will enjoy it. :)

joannek is offline Registered User
    marvelcl, how old is your daughter? there's nothing wrong with dried fruits, but a lot of the store brought brands contain sulpher & sugar. when buying make sure in the ingredient list what's inside.

joannek is offline Registered User
    if your baby is older than 1, you can try dipping apple/pear/banana in a little honey.