Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Which pram to buy for toddler and new born living in midlevels/ central??

beautifulday is offline Registered User

Which pram to buy for toddler and new born living in midlevels/ central??

Hi,

I have a 15mth old and and pregnant. I live new the escalator and would like to know which pram is needed to fit my toddler and new born that fits on the escalator. ive heard that the phil and teds are good but im not sure if it fits on the escalator.
    How do you get around with 2 babies in hong kong??

Any advise will be helpful, thanks

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

When I had a toddler and a baby I used a regular sized pushchair for the toddler and put the baby in a sling. This way I was able to manage them both.

I used to take them both to Hong Kong Park in the morning, have a picnic lunch there and then walk home via Central and the escalator in the afternoon. This gave me loads of exercise and both the kids fell asleep on the way home so I’d also get a bit of peace before the mad rush of the evening started.

miaka is offline Registered User

barbwong_130 ... how did you run after a toddler with a baby in the sling? my toddler is very active and i'm worried i won't be able to keep up w/ her w/ the newborn in the sling. any tips would be appreciated.

mel_g20 is offline Registered User

Hi, I have a Phil and Ted, that I used for my baby and toddler and size wise (width wise) it can fit on an escalator. HOWEVER when it is in new baby mode - with toddler seat on the top, you may find that the reclined baby section is too low and abit dangerous. Take a look at the Phil and Ted on line. My kids are now 1 and 3 and I use it all the time. However I'm not sure I would take it on an escalator with two chidren inside. I have done it with just the one.

Hi,
    Yes Ive noticed a few mums with a stroller and baby sling cruising around hong kong. I was hoping to find out if there is a pram that can do the trick for a toddler and baby? I have a phil and ted in Oz that I can have sent over with a friend but I live near the escalator in central and I don't think it will fit on it. It might fit but block a lot of busy people rushing by.

any more ideas?

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

I have the Phil & Teds (older model, not the new Sport). When I lived in Mid-levels (Conduit Road) I only had one baby and it worked fine. I found routes with slopes and minimal (2 or 3) steps, took it on the escalator, buses with disabled access and on the odd occasion on mini-buses.

However, now with two babies (currently 3 months and 2 years) it's a different story...... The Phil & Teds is just too heavy with two babies for me to take safely on the escalator. I also don't like to bump it up and down steps with a young baby in the bottom seat.

I now live in Discovery Bay, so it's okay here. I think if I had my time again I'd probably buy the Maclaren which reclines flat, so that either the baby or toddler can nap in it while you are out.

I have a few slings and you are right it's tough to chase a toddler with a new born jiggling around, but I think baby # 2 in our family has just had to make do and he does okay.