Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

gold coast serviced apartment for 1 month

onesarah is offline Registered User

gold coast serviced apartment for 1 month

hey there
    we are looking at our options for our first month in HK and have seen some great properties on the gold coast.
    eventually we will live in DB, but what are peoples experiences of the gold coast and how long is the commute into central?
    the prices are much more sensible than parkview or repluse bay, but the standard seems to be the same. would it be a good introduction to HK living for me and my son? would the commute be too much for my husband?

dfair1721 is offline Registered User

Hi, I am currently living in Gold Coast. We have a place in DB and will move there in March. We have been here at Gold Coast for just over a month now. I have a two and a four year old. We have enjoyed it. There are numerous playground/play structures within a 10 minute walk (guessing around 7). There is a large soccer pitch and lots of green space. There is a very small shopping center within a 10 minute walk. It has a small grocery store (Wellcome) and 5-6 restaurants and a medical clinic.

So far we like it, but... it is quite a way from Central. It can take anywhere from 40-60 minutes to get downtown. That being said, the communte is easy. GC has shuttles running in the morning to central and back in the afternoon. You can take the shuttle to Tseun Wan and catch the subway or there is the 962 bus that picks you up right outside Gold Coast and takes you downtown.

I feel a little isolated but I know the time here is short. There is no hussle and bustle of the big city out here. It is very relaxing. I am glad we choose GC as my kids love to be outside and a service apartment in the city for a month would not do for us. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me [email protected]

It would be great to hook up if you do come here. Plus, we should be moving to DB around the same time.

Best of Luck.

Denise

spockey is offline Registered User

Hi!
    I'm in total agreement with everything Dfair's said. Except that we've ended settling here (i think for as long as we will remain in Hong Kong).

onesarah is offline Registered User

Hi there
    Thanks for the replies ladies.
    We decided on The Repulse Bay for our first month in the end - we move in March 1st.
    Still undecided where to go after there, and will def be looking at the Gold Coast as an option. DB seems to have gone up alot in price since we viewed there in October and the kind of house we want may be out of our price range.

Sxx