Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

No Helper?

rebekah is offline Registered User

No Helper?

Since the topic came up at lunch... how many of you will not be having a helper? I know that childcare here is an issue when you don't have one. Are there babysitters available and I just am not aware? Have any of you considered swapping childcare with another family? What are your plans when it comes to this? I value the privacy we have and I don't work; as such we won't be getting a helper, but I do wonder what one does when they want the occasional date night with hubs. Any suggestions? (besides get a helper, since that's not going to fly here, especially with hubs)

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i know of a few people who have used agencies like Rent-a-Mum and have been happy with that service. you just need to be a bit more organised and plan ahead.

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    You can absolutley get by without one. It just takes more planning.
    You just can't do as much as you would with a fulltime helper.
    We have a local chinese girl who we love to death, that has been our babysitter for the last year.
    If she hasn't been available, we've been fortunate enough to have a childless friend who happily comes over and watches a DVD while we go out to dinner.

And we've also used the more expensive option of agency nannies through Rent-a-Mum.