Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Birth Story

falle001 is offline Registered User

Another BA

hi all,

update on me.

Eventually went 11 days overdue and went into labour naturally in the morning of the day when i was due to be induced - yeah!!

Now have a beautiful baby girl - Eleanor Mary. She was born on thursday 24th january, weighing 7lb 12oz and 21 inch long at the matilda.

Ended up having an epidural at the end as i had been in slow labour since tuesday and despite regular 2-4 min contractions since 3am was only 6cms at lunchtime and still there at 3pm. Baby born at 6.47 at night in the end.

i agree you do forget the pain and exhaustion immediately as soon as you hold your baby. i just keep looking at her and cannot really believe she is here and all mine!!

good luck to all the other mummies due soon and labour vibes to those who are overdue. looking forward to reading some more birth stories soon

Emma and Eleanor

donkey is offline Registered User
    Congratulations! Did you have a good experience at the hospital??

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    Congratulations Emma! It sound like you are enjoying motherhood :) I lovr Byron so much and I just want to stare at him all day!! It makes me want more children :P

I started going to a mommy babby class last week at annerley midwifes. It's on Tuesdays from 10-12 and it's nice to get out and meet other moms and talk about our little ones. They also weight your bubs and measure their lengths so it helps you keep track of their growth. If any mommies feel up fpr taking bubs out you should really consider it.

donkey is offline Registered User
    Update from me now - I had my baby right on the due date and managed to have a natural birth and avoid c-section. Baby is a boy of 7 pounds. Am now still trying to get use to being a mum and breast feeding. My milk supply has been on the low side hopefully it will get better very soon.

Good luck to all the mum-to-be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12