Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Birth Story

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

Smile Birth Story

Hi all mommies :)

I just had my baby boy on Thursday the 17th at 1:21am. He weighed 8lbs and was 52 cm long.

My water broke on Wed at 3:30, checked into HK Sanatorium at 6am and sat around for the next 6 hours with no contrations. Doctor asked if I wanted to be induced and I said no after careful consideration. I really wanted a natural birth. I started having mild contractions around 3pm and went into active labour at around 6pm. After several hours and 5cm dilated I found the pain unbearable and asked for an Epidural. By the time the epidural took effect (they had to do it twice and give me a very strong dose since it didn't take the first time) I was 8cm dialted. At around midnight I was fully dilated.

I had a hard time pushing baby out so I ended up have a vacuum assisted delivery with a episiotomy. Not exactly the natural birth I imaged :) But it was worth every moment!!! I am so happy he is here. I checked out of the hospital on Friday night (althought the birthing package included another night of stay for me). I found HK Sanatorium to be extremely busy and the nursing staff was definitely being taxed to their limit. However, they were helpful with breasfeeding and taught me how to latch the baby repeatedly. Now he's already sucking well and for extended periods of time.

My bill at HK Sanatorium was $95,000 and I was in a private room. The Epidural and anesthesiologist alone made up $20,000 of that bill.

I wish all you mommies good luck :) It's a magical experience although very very painful physically.

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

Congrats! Enjoy the new baby and speedy recovery.

Tomi is offline Registered User

Hi wasabibunny,

Congratulations on the birth of your Baby boy! Thanks for sharing your story...we are still waiting for our's to unfold. In week 39 now but our little one has not engaged or given any signs that he will come soon. Hopefully it will happen in the next 2 weeks.

falle001 is offline Registered User

Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little boy, am really pleased that all went well even if not quite according to plan. Hope that you are enjoying your time at home with the little one.

We are still waiting patiently here as well - now 8 days overdue, so at least we know it will happen soon. Any advice welcome!!!

Congatulations again
    Emma

carang is offline Registered User

welcome to motherhood... nothing ever goes according to plan!LOL!

congratulations!

baby Byron has been such a good boy... I am so happy! It's actually a lot easier than I expected!!

When I was at my 38week 4 days check my doc said he didn't think baby would come early but at 39weeks 2days my water brook. I have to say though, I couldn't sleep that night and watched 3 baby story TV on discover in a row... maybe it made me produce lots of mommy hormones hahaha. Good luck everyone... you forget all the pain pretty much the next day and it's just amazing staring at the baby, who had been growing inside you for the last 9 months. I am usually a pretty stoic person but I did spontaneously burst into tears (of joy) a couple times just looking at the new baby (after I left the hospital).

donkey is offline Registered User

Congratulations! good size baby too!

Am already 37+ weeks and i think baby will come early....

I updated my avatar pic... isn't he a cutie pie?

How are all the other new mommies doing? I've got the whole breastfeednig things down pat now (it's my 7th day) and the weight's just melting off. I can almost fit into all my regular clothes... well not the really tight jeans haha.

Hope everyone's doing well... it seems to quite here lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast