Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

won't take much solids/milk

premama is offline Registered User

won't take much solids/milk

My 7 month old doesn't eat much - she only drinks about 90 to 120ml on average per feed (8 feeds a day, 2 of which are breastfeeds) and when we feed her solids, she will only take a few spoons.

I'm worried that she is not taking enough food. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Any comments appreciated.

Query is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    My daughter of 7 months has also started taking solids and currently, she is taking 6 milkfeeds of 160ml each, working out to be about 960ml for the day (roughly around the same vol as what ur baby is taking) and having 2 solid meals of rice cereal per day. Each time, she will eat around 5 to 10 teaspoons of the rice cereal. I think she is eating quite well considering she started solids around a month ago. Also, her weight of 8+kg is pretty good at the 50% percentile so I'm pretty relaxed about how much she is eating. Is your baby's weight healthy? If so, I wouldn't be too worried about how much your baby is eating.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    Are you feeding her expressed breastmilk? If so, your baby only needs around 25oz a day of breastmilk. If she is putting on weight and is healthy, I would not worry about it too much

Sage is offline Registered User
    My baby is almost seven months old and I've been feeding her breastmilk. I started weaning her (introducing solids) when she was six months. AndreaY is right, she only takes around 23-26oz a day (in five feeds, two of which with solids). And very little rice cereal and fruit/vege puree. Sometimes, I wonder if she's had enough but she seems fine and is sleeping well through the night.